Marijuana for Anxiety

smokeypanda

Question

G'day everyone,

I've done a bit of searching around the internet and on these forums regarding marijuana use for anxiety..

I personally suffer from anxiety, (to the point that standing in line at a supermarket is very hard for me to do as I begin to panic etc) and find that depending on the amount I smoke it really helps me feel a lot calmer and not so worried about everything. Obviously one needs to take into consideration the strain etc..

From what I've read the Sativa's are better for anxiety rather than the Indica's since the Indica's are more of a body high. I've also read somewhere that Strawberry Cough is a good Sativa which is sometimes used medically for anxiety which is why I would really like to try it.

I've heard a few people claim that marijuana causes panic but I don't really believe that to be true, (not in my case anyway as I've had anxiety long before I started smoking bud), I think that a large part of it is that people are worried about getting caught smoking since it is illegal here.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience in this area and whether they've found it helps and so forth..

Thanks for your time. :freak:

I think that a large part of it is that people are worried about getting caught smoking since it is illegal here.

If cannabis calms your anxiety, then prohibition is the only thing that can add to it.

Not just getting caught, the other things that stem from it, social stigma, job exclusions, and possibly getting ripped off, fined, robbed, jailed or harmed.

So you have to try balance up the real benefits of cannabis calming your angst, against the real angst caused by prohibition alone.

With strains, maybe consider easing into a couple of hybrids before going too sati.

Body stone is soothing, calming. The up racey highs of some satis can cause some people to panic, if they are prone.

Good herb to ya panda :freak:

Yeah, I use herb for anxiety. Personly I think indica dominated strains are the best, because it's more of a body high. If I smoke a potent sativa strain when I have no tolerance to it, I can stay up all night just thinking. But than I think indicas give ya that red eye dopey look, which when you go out everyone stares at ya like your a junkie or something, which can cause anxiety in it's self, or maybe that's just my own paranoia.

Venturing into the world of the unstoned always makes me feel a bit anxious, I dont do it very often. Usually I use it to help me just during the afternoon when I'm at home.

Being stoned in crowds for me makes the anxiety worse, I smoke what I can get but there have been a few strong sativas which I've found have really helped and made me comfortable even when I'm outside. As everyone else is saying each person is affected differently. I think I would like a hybrid that is mostly sativa say 80-90% sativa to help with anxiety.