Summer Toking 2009

This is something of a follow-up to my review of 2 years ago: Summer Toking 2007

The first thing to point out is that my original VaporGenie is still going strong despite many accidents. It amazes me that despite frequently dropping the filter top onto the concrete floor of my shed it has never received any serious damage. The new pipe is a long stemmed Exotic (US$60) and features an inlaid bowl. The design and finish are both top notch. I have used this on the front porch more than a few times - it's classy and discrete; it also makes me feel a bit like Hunter S Thompson for some reason (or Jacques Tati). The vapour from this pipe is a little cooler than from the Classic model and, because the stem is longer, frequent use is less likely to make you go cross-eyed (not kidding here..). The 'Genies now ship with little plastic mouth pieces which are removable. I found that once I got used to it they're not so bad (and they make the pipe longer still).

I also picked up a Kannastör 4pc 2.2" Grinder/Sifter/Storage (US$40) which works beautifully and a Vector Elio Pipe Lighter (US$18) because it matches the pipe and is well designed and attractive. That said, as an avowed outdoors toker I find that most uncompressed butane lighters are not useful to me (hey, it's windy in Adelaide and if it won't work in my backyard then I don't want to be fiddling with it on the beach or in the park). I'm going to suggest to the VaporGenie crew that they carry a jet torch lighter or two as I have always had superior results from my Hotery mini blow-torch (Bunnings $16 - far left in picture). All products were ordered online direct from VaporGenie.com and, despite ordering less than two weeks before Christmas I received all the items via US International Airmail in just over a week. Fantastic service!!

If you love toking in the great outdoors then you need a 'Genie. 'nuff said.

post-30-1232587813_thumb.png

Any pipe is going to be a long way from big bong hits and the 'Genie is no different. It's like the difference between guzzling beer from a tinnie or sipping it from a glass..

I've only use one electric vape. If you're the sort of person that always tokes indoors there's lots of these to choose from. I've found the 'Genie to deliver as good a quality vapour as my electric vape but consistency all depends on your sensitivity. Suck too slowly, apply too much flame and you can still burn..