tipping plants to produce more budz

ok so lets say that i have a plant that is growing in a pot and it gets to a certin size then i snip the top off ( the main bud ) and it goes brown and then what happens does it grow another two lets say it does grow another two main budz what happens if i snip them off am i getting it sorta right here or what ?? please help somebody really want to learn this method and scog sounds good to good grow methouds i think id rather have a little bit of good pot then alot of shit pot

Cutting it when it is budding is too late. The crown should be cut off for the first time when the plant is about maybe 10-15cm, then once the 2 new crowns come through you can do the same thing again. Just keep in mind that every time you cut a crown off, the plant will take longer to grow and develop. Edited by M_Blaze

Thats right topping should only be done in veg, although you can still do some low stress training early to mid way through the flower stage. Bending and tying down branches are effective in reducing the height of the plant without creating too much stress to dramatically slow down the plants growth.

Made a quick graphic to show the growth pattern of a plant thats topped during vegetative growth while it has parallel nodes. This is generally the growth pattern with many plants that are cut at the tip of a growing branch, not only cannabis.

So once you top the plant you get 2 branches coming up, you can top these 2 eventually again to get another 2 making 4 tops as mentioned before. I'm not a pro or anything so if I'm wrong about anything correct me, thanks.

post-16365-1232984679_thumb.jpg