Transplanted clones

Hi All!

This is my very first post at ozStoners!

A friend of mine have a problem with his Mango clones.

They have been sitting in a clone-bubbler for approx two weeks. the bubbler has a dome on top with humidity around 70 %.

The first two clones started developing small roots about 3 days ago (about two centimeter roots), and were transplanted in soil and put under fluoros (70/15/15, soil/perlite/vermiculite).

after just an hour or two the leaves were curled and leaning against the soil (at "groundlevel" so to say).

i assume this was the effect from the low humidity in comparison to inside the dome that they vere used to.

a thin transparent plasticbag were fitted on top of the pots in order to increase the humidity.

after about an hour the leaves looked healthy again. and was reaching towards the light.

now, two days later, once again the plastic bags were removed, but the clones reacted in the same way as the first time.

Is this a common problem when transplanting clones from bubbler to soil?

How long does it take for the rooted clones to be strong enough to survive the lower humidity outside the plastic bag?

I assume the roots are not yet developed enough to supply the plant with water, is this assumtion correct?

Should we let them sit inside the plasticbags for another couple of days and try again?

The idea is to put the rooted clones straight into flower as soon as they are strong enough. (3,9 squarefeet cabinette, 250 watt HPS, temp in flower-room is 80F and humidity around 40 %)

Enlish is not my first language, but i hope you understand what i'm saying :freak:

Best regards!

Try giving them a little air a few minutes at a time a few times a day.

Get them used to the real world.

I don't use a dome when I clone with a bubbler.

Only when I use rapid rooter plugs and trays.

There is enough water and humidity in the air for the clones because of the bubbler.

keep the area directly around your clones reasonably wet too, will increase the rate of evaporation therefore increasing the humidity around your plant. just sounds like they low on water dude, i took some cuttings one day and left them in a cup of water for two days where i didnt realise that 5 of the cuts didnt even touch the water, so when i got around to putting them in the rockwool they had started to wilt badly, but i still put them in and when i checked them the next day they where strong as again. have you tried to use something like rock wool in your net pots in your bubbler, then when they ready just bury the rockwool too and it gives your fresh root zone all the moisture and warmth a fresh cut needs.