Marijuana Leveque: 2008

grace

Question

Marijuana Leveque: 2008

Dr. Phillip Leveque

Phillip Leveque has spent his life as a Combat Infantryman, Pharmacologist, Toxicologist and Physician.

27 December 2008

Salem News

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/decembe...on_12-27-08.php

(MOLALLA, Ore.) - Some may dislike and shudder at such a name. Marijuana Leveque. I don’t. I have been called much worse – Quack, snake oil salesman. In Italy I’m Dr. Pot, here I'm "most dangerous man in Oregon", etc.

After I saw “REEFER MADNESS” six times – I was forced to do so as a pharmacology instructor in medical school - I had to monitor the class to prevent them from laughing out loud or leaving the room.

Even Judge Francis Young of the DEA said it was the safest drug ever found by man. “REEFER MADNESS”, my foot!

2008 has been an unusual year for me. Now on Salem-News.com I have about 46 articles and about 26 video segments, and at least 300 on Google.

We get questions and comments/responses by email regarding my articles about the VA (a mess), PTSD, lots about all aspects of Medical Marijuana, with several articles engendering nearly 100 responses each.

One I wrote about “Restless Leg Syndrome” (RLS) produced 75 comments including one about “a poorly written local paper from Oregon”. I can only thank that reader for his acerbic comment. CANNABIS WORKS FOR RLS.

I shouldn’t be a shrinking violet about this. Cannabis offers help for about 200 diseases with more coming in all the time.

The Ohio Patient Network – ohiopatient.net – posts 270 medical conditions medical marijuana is useful for. Yet, the U.S. Govt. says cannabis has NO legitimate medical use. FUBAR!

Last night I saw Billy Ray Cyrus talking about his home “stomping grounds”, Kentucky. He says the cannabis crop is 8 BILLION DOLLARS per year. Kentucky is third after California and Texas for the value of the cannabis crops. The U.S. Govt. still says it is no good.

With Michigan, a very populous state coming in as the 13th medical marijuana state and Obama as an admitted former user of this “Devil Weed”, things are looking up.

Even a California Federal Judge says State Laws trump Federal Laws regarding medical marijuana use (see: U.S. Supreme Court: State Medical Marijuana Laws Not Preempted by Federal Law). YES, things are looking decidedly UP regarding medical marijuana.

Why isn’t it just legalized so we can stop making millionaires out of illegal marijuana dealers?

Happy 2009 everybody, Legal MMJ is coming soon!

1 answer to this question