Seeds of Stress!

My room full of beautiful, resinous Gush, has recently started producing small, soft green seeds in the tops. All of one strain are showing it, and it's stressing me out!

I am using an all organic nutrient blend, and have grown the genetics before with outstanding success. This time around, I have gone from hand watering to a drip system. I am using a coco-perlite-guano mix, and had awesome, healthy growth during the beginning of the flowering cycle. Now I am in week 4, almost 5, and am finding fucking seeds.

I think the factors that have been contributing to this are as follow;

1. Drip system has been watering in one specific place in the 25 gallon bins, and the roots have been suffering dry areas.

2. The Drip system has not been providing enough water and nutrients to sustain the plants overall health.

3. Night-time temperatures in the room have been in the low 50's (Fahrenheit), day time high 60's.

I have not found any male flowers, however, and am wondering if the stress from the above are just forcing the plants to produce sterile seeds.

Questions for the community:

Is there anything that I can do to reverse this process?

If I begin hand watering again and get temperatures back to normal, and pick out as much of the seed as I can possibly find, will the plants revert to normal bud growth?

Are there any products that I can use to stop this process?

This image is of this strain during the last round. I'll try to get a current image soon...

post-23774-1229814301_thumb.jpg

Billow,

Thanks for the response. Thing is, the temperatures are actually really low. I have some killer air cooled 1000's, and because of the winter weather here, I'm having trouble bringing the room up to 72 at night. It's a great problem for most, but it's making me wonder if the combination of low temperatures and not enough H2O and Nutes might be the issue.

Here is another picture of last round. I'll put a few more up as this post continues.

post-23774-1229817264_thumb.jpg

post-23774-1229817466_thumb.jpg

Edited by tinderburn

Had to convert those temps mate 50f - 10c, 60f - 15.5c tis a bit cool eh.

Maybe you can pop off one of the aircooled ducts and tweek the temps with the 1ks.

Be better nute uptake if warmer.

At 4 wks now, how long did you flow last crop?

Maybe best reverse for this crop is to top it and second flow if not hermi and or sex reversing. Or just flush out and start again sooner.

If you keep the drippers, consider just a simple poly t with a circle of poly pipe, drill holes in it where you like - ring feeder.

Best of luck mate.

Marra,

Thanks for the reply. I took some shots of the show a few minutes ago.

To answer your question, I was ar around 7 weeks when I pulled last time. This time, I was planning on pushing it to 8-9 weeks. A friend is suggesting that I might want to just cut it all down and start over, but the thought of that makes me ill. Are you suggesting that I top them to remove the seeding parts, and let the rest grow out? I have also been working to get every damned tiny green seed out of the tops, and I'm definitely now having trouble finding more.

Thanks for the dripper idea. At this point, I am going to have to abandon the dripper system and hand water till I get this shit figured out.

Here are some pictures...

post-23774-1229836295_thumb.jpg

post-23774-1229836349_thumb.jpg

I have not found any male flowers, however, and am wondering if the stress from the above are just forcing the plants to produce sterile seeds.

Are you sure they are seeds? Its just that if you have seen no male flowers I can't see how it could seed. Also that pic with the seed on you finger does not look like a seed to me. Did it have a bract covering it?

If it is seeded it isn't the end of the world. It will still be potent. You will just have to pick the seeds out.

Hey Freddie,

Thanks for the response. It's definitely stressing me out; I'm beginning week 5, and the plants look very leggy and spindly. Some of the smaller clones, however, look fatter and nicer. This tells me that the smaller plants were taking longer to use up the water than the bigger ones, and were getting a more constant supply of nutrients.

My wife and I are debating upon whether or not to scrap the whole thing. The electricity bill is costly, and if it doesn't pull out for us, well be further in the red than we would be if we scrapped it now. It's quite the dilemma.

Would you scrap this room, or keep it going?