legitimate concern?

Hey I live in a 3 bedroom student house and me and my buddies are tinkering with the idea of starting a little 6-plant hydro setup. My one friend's concern is that it might smell too much. I understand that it depends on a number of factors (strain, etc.) but if anyone can answer these questions, that'd be mighty fine of you :D

-what are the options for odour elimination?

-with only 6 plants, would it be better for someone to have them in their room? or in a common area (still out of sight)

-would any special type of ventilation be needed?

peace n pleasure!

I personally wouldn't do it. I could trust myself to shut my mouth but not my buddies.

1. Yes, you will need odour control - See things such as Carbon Scrubbers, Ozone and Odour Sok's. There are DIY instructions on this website for a Carbon Srubber. Odour Sok's are very common and are good for a grow or 2.

2. Set up the grow separate. Being in someone's room would be quite annoying with the lighting factors. Consider purchasing a Grow Tent.

3. Intake and Outtake. Make the intake fan at the bottom of the grow and the outtake at the top of the grow. Keeping negative pressure is a must, make the intake fan slightly less powerful then the outtake fan, this will ensure all smells go through your Carbon Scrubber, Odorsok or Ozone generator. Keeping an oscillating fan on your plants is also ideal.

Unfortunately, what you just described doesn't make for an ideal place to grow. With people coming 'n going and the odd party from time to time. Others will find out that you're growing. Word get passed around, and before you know it, there's a fair chance you'll get ripped by someone, or you may get a visit from the Drug Squad. They would love nothing more than to raid a place like you just described. They get their jollies from it, while trying to put the fear of god/law into younger folk, during the process.

I'd suggest either trying to find a isolated place outdoors, well away from your place. Or find somewhere else that won't have anywhere near the amount of people traffic, if you need to grow indoors.

Just remember "Loose lips, sink Ships". the least amount of people that know about the grow, the better..

All the best with whatever you choose to do though, double. :D

:D

Unfortunately, what you just described doesn't make for an ideal place to grow. With people coming 'n going and the odd party from time to time. Others will find out that you're growing. Word get passed around, and before you know it, there's a fair chance you'll get ripped by someone, or you may get a visit from the Drug Squad. They would love nothing more than to raid a place like you just described. They get their jollies from it, while trying to put the fear of god/law into younger folk, during the process.

I'd suggest either trying to find a isolated place outdoors, well away from your place. Or find somewhere else that won't have anywhere near the amount of people traffic, if you need to grow indoors.

Just remember "Loose lips, sink Ships". the least amount of people that know about the grow, the better..

All the best with whatever you choose to do though, double. :D

:D

Absolutely what Indy said.

-with only 6 plants, would it be better for someone to have them in their room? or in a common area (still out of sight)

:D If they are in a common area there is a good chance each person in the house will be charged for the 6 plants if you got busted. If they are in 1 persons room then normally they will be the only one charged.

As others have said the situation you describe is about as bad as it gets security wise. Better to try and find a quiet spot outdoor you can chuck a few in.

Peace MongyMan

Hi double,

As most people have said it is not the ideal environment and most importantly you say your in a student 3 bedroom share situation.

Have you contemplated the consequences for that being before the law at this point in your career (if your a uni student).

All the best in coming to a negotiated solution over the issue.

1. A carbon filter is essential for odor reduction

Life is long and twisted journey. Choose a course with in-trepidation, wisdom, faith, loyalty, love and friendship.

:scratchin:

Nitty.

Edited by nitram