Plastic Surgery for Man Boobs On The Increase .. Cannabis Again

grace

Question

Plastic Surgery for Man Boobs On The Increase

by Ali Hale

18 December 2008

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/2008/12/...he_increase.php

Some drugs, such as cannabis and anabolic steroids can cause breast development, and if you use these and have gynaecomastia, it's definitely a good idea to stop.

The BBC news has reported that breast reduction surgery is gaining popularity amongst men with gynaecomastia ("man boobs" or "moobs").

The condition is estimated to affect between a third and half of all men, especially teenagers and younger men. True gynaecomastia is linked to hormonal changes, certain medications and some diseases. This is where real breast tissue is present. "Pseudo" gynaecomastia is due to being overweight, and is caused by an accumulation of fat. (See Gynecomastia, a prevalent embarrassment for more details.)

Doctor Raj Ragoowansi (a plastic surgeon) told the BBC news that he had seen a big increase in the number of male patients for breast reduction surgery. But do you really need an expensive operation to deal with your man boobs?

The BBC's health "Ask the Doctors" section suggests not:

A straightforward operation can be done to remove the breast tissue, but this is very rarely necessary.

If you are in your teens and have gynaecomastia, there's probably nothing to worry about: once you're through puberty, the "man boobs" will probably disappear.

If you're overweight, making lifestyle changes to slim down could be all that's needed.

If despite losing weight, you still have woman-like breasts, talk to your doctor. In many cases, medicine is all that is needed to reverse the condition.

Gynaecomastia is a very common condition, so don't be embarrassed about consulting your doctor if you think you're suffering from it.

The article read: Some drugs, such as cannabis and anabolic steroids can cause breast development...

but then again i didn't see anything in that article to back that theory up regarding marijuana specifically... the only conclusion I can come to is that, smoking weed and getting the munchies will cause you to eat more hi carb, high fatty foods and high sugars... which all aid in gaining excess kilos, and possibly getting to the point of developing moobs.

Other wise... it's just another crock of shit constructed to stir people up :yahoo:

In saying that I have no issues with what i got so... lol

:smoke:

Pebbz

This is a total lie that the American government made up in the sixties cause smoking weed was becoming very common with young males, so they bought this shit out to make cannabis seem like a un manly thing to do.

It pops up in the news every once in a while, never giving any scientific reason to why cannabis would cause that, just more bullshit as usual

hahahaha bitchtits :rolleyes: oh fuck this is funny shit.I remember a high times article in the seventies that made fun of the gynaecomastia,marijuana connection.They had a great airbrushed pic of tits growing off a guys wrist.As for women,I don`t know how they get anything done,I`d be too busy playing with my tits to accomplish anything. :rolleyes:

Peace

And of course the man boobs would have NOTHING to do with all the insecticides that are sprayed on our food and have been SHOWN to metabolise in the liver as oestrogens which are known to cause Breasts to form in WOMEN.

No, much easier to blame Cannabis than Monsanto et al.

When wankers like this make false claims under the guise of medicine they should be de-registered for misleading the public!