Medical Marijuana Question and Answer Segment with Dr. Phil Leveque (V

grace

Question

Medical Marijuana Question and Answer Segment with Dr. Phil Leveque (VIDEO)

Bonnie King and Dr. Phil Leveque Salem-News.com

A new special question and answer segment featuring Salem-News.com's Bonnie King and Dr. Phillip Leveque.

17 December 2008

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/decembe...id_12-17-08.php

(SALEM, Ore.) - Dr. Phil Leveque in Oregon is one of the world's leading authorities on the subject of medical marijuana. In addition to a lifetime devoted to helping patients with chronic pain, Dr. Leveque is a Pharmacologist, Toxicologist and a WWII combat veteran.

This is the latest video in a continuing series on Salem-News.com with the doctor and reporter Bonnie King.

One person asks the simple question, how do you find a doctor for medical marijuana treatment?

Leveque fields this question as well as possible; one of the few things he can't do in this segment is recommend specific physicians. There are many resources for locating this type of information and Dr. Leveque explains that to this particular visitor.

A student from Colorado State University who suffers from epilepsy asks, "Am I permanently weakening my immune system through smoking medical marijuana ?

The answer may surprise many; Dr. Leveque explains that one of the few things that stimulates the appetite of people suffering from HIV/AIDS, is cannabis, or marijuana.

The herb also has the ability to relieve nausea and this is helpful for cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.

Another person asks about how medical marijuana helps the skin condition Schleroderma.

A Marine combat vet who was in Beirut during the fighting in 1983, suffers from PTSD, and asks Dr. Leveque how he should legally go about discovering if medical marijuana is a better remedy than the three Lortabs he takes every day.

Another person writes to Dr. Leveque to get his opinion about employment problems she is having with the Oregon Human Services Division.

The same state agency that issues medical marijuana permits apparently fails to recognize the state law in its own affairs.

In each segment, Dr. Leveque attempts to answer the questions that are emailed to our studio. We are glad to be the only news organization in this nation that offers this unique service.

All information provided is intended to assist the public in understanding the complex laws and requirements. We do not encourage illegal activity.

Here is the video with Bonnie King and Dr. Phil Leveque

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=76...13612&hl=en

Got a question or comment for Dr. Leveque?

Email him: Newsroom@Salem-News.com

More information on the history of Leveque can be found in his book, General Patton's Dogface Soldier of Phil Leveque about his experiences in WWII.

Order the book by mail by following this link: Dogface Soldier.

If you are a World War II history buff, you don't want to miss it.

Watch for more streaming video question and answer segments about medical marijuana with Bonnie King and Dr. Phil Leveque.

Click on this link for other articles and video segments about PTSD and medical marijuana on Salem-News.com: Dr. Leveque INTERVIEWS & ARTICLES

1 answer to this question

Thank you for posting this.

Dr Leveque is a great guy and a true cannabis warrior. Several months ago I got in touch with Tim King, the editor of Salem News, and was very kindly put in touch with Phil. I approached him for support re my PTSD and asked him for a medical opinion on the efficacy of cannabis in treating PTSD. This he did happily! We have remained in contact over the months and he has been a huge help as I deal with the difficulties of my illness. Phil was the first person to refer to PTSD as "terror fatigue", which is a very apt definition of PTSD. For those who suffer PTSD, medicinal cannabis is the best treatment by far.

If you need to contact Dr Leveque, contact Tim King at Salem News and he will refer your letters on to Phil.