Who has a Westaflex 300mm 225W 880lps fan?

I had one of those for several years, they are bloody fantastic air shifters, they are also really fucking loud. If you connect it to a carbon filter it will decrease the noise by about 30%, and if you slip the whole thing inside a piece of 350 mm insulated ducting it will reduce the noise by a further 25%. Get the shop owners to plug it in and count on a 50% reduction of noise once you have attatched the filter and insulated ducting. You may be better off with 2 x 250 mm, 135w westaflex fans. These are still good but much less noisy, especially if you use insulated ducting.

P.S. those fans always bench test at a much lower lps than what is written on the box, but i still reckon they are the best on the market.

hope this helps and good luck.

Cheers for the advice cooper

Getting another 250mm would be cheaper, but I think I'll settle on the 300mm as I really want to make this my last fan purchase.

Good noise reduction advice too.

have a look at spectrum

they have some great fans

qwiet too i found with mnine

all the best

bil

Cheers billo

I have a customline C250L and although it moves plenty of air, keeps temps down, and is quiet, it just can't keep the humidity down.

Most of the other fans I have seen have similar power usage to the Westaflex, cost about the same or more, and move significantly less air.

Also purchasing a new fan has got me thinking I should just buy another light as well and have seperate veg/flower rooms (the C250L is fine for veg).

Oh how easy it is to get carried away :thumbsup: