well, took one of the littlies out of the garden, gave it a root trim and wash, then chopped off all the old bud and trimmed the stems back a bit, then repotted the plant in a 5ltr pot with coco fibre gave it a drink of thrive and seasol, i will be using hydro nutes from now on though, it is going to be my new red devil mum, it is in the bathtub under a 250w hps on 18/6 light regime, the clones have been taken from what i trimmed off the plant. >:(

post-11191-1228030176_thumb.jpg

post-11191-1228030193_thumb.jpg

post-11191-1228030216_thumb.jpg

well a month or so on now, here's a few pics of the same plants, the mum i am just going to keep in stasis pretty much, the clones i am cloning this evening then they'll be going under the big lights in about two weeks, once they have recovered being cut, they are under a 400w hps at the moment and the mum is under flouro.

cheers

post-11191-1230979057_thumb.jpg

post-11191-1230979135_thumb.jpg

post-11191-1230979174_thumb.jpg

post-11191-1230979197_thumb.jpg

hi hector, actually i saw the same thing with the perlite in someone else's grow thread and it looked interesting, this is the second time i have done it, the first time i was very happy with the results, it provides a buffer between the rockwool cubes and the water in the bottom of the tray, it seems to prevent the cubes getting too wet and the roots grow very well and healthily through the perlite, after the results of the first time i tried it i will be doing it this way from now on, the perlite layer is about 25mm with about 1cm of water in the bottom of the tray, thsnks to the dude who's thread i saw it in, forget who it was, but it's a pearler of an idea, also with the perlite the humidity in the clonebox seems to be just right, the water stays fresher as well.

cheers