grace

Question

VA Care: Fake Doctors and Fake Treatment

Dr. Phillip Leveque Salem-News.com

28 November 2008

Salem.News.com

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/novembe...sd_11-28-08.php

Iraq War photo by Tim King Salem-News.com

Phillip Leveque has spent his life as a Combat Infantryman, Physician Pharmacologist and Toxicologist.

(MOLALLA, Ore.) - As a pharmacologist and PTSD victim, I try to keep up with what is going on in these two interrelated matters. Web sightings on the computer indicated 86 pages related to these subjects.

One of the most interesting to me was an article by William Levesque (he is a cousin but according to my French Dictionary he doesn’t spell his last name correctly!). He printed in the Tampa Times that the Tampa area VA Hospital was staffed mostly by unlicensed psychologists. This seems very bad to me. How come psychologists are treating PTSD, a medical problem? Are any doing brain surgery? It’s just one step up.

He writes that Tampa’s VA Hospital has 34 psychologists but 12 are not only unlicensed but have little if any supervision by a licensed psychologist and apparently Psychiatrists or regular Physicians are not in the mix. THIS IS A NEGLIGENCE CATASTROPHE. The VA says it doesn’t matter. If it doesn’t matter, why the Fake Treatment with Fake Doctors?

It appears that the VA or The Department of Defense does not understand the problem.

They seem to grudgingly admit that about 300 thousand Iraq and even Vietnam Vets are victims both of the wars but also the Vets misapplied medical treatment. Antidepressant drugs are most likely causing Veteran suicides at about one thousand per month. Alcohol is badly used by Vets disgusted with antidepressant side effects but it is available and preferred. Vets frequently resort to really hard drugs like cocaine, meth or heroin anything to escape PTSD even for a short time.

I have mentioned above the computer shows 86 pages of PTSD and cannabis/marijuana so it is obvious that there are a lot of reports and obvious use. I receive dozens of emails from Vets in states where cannabis use is still illegal. This doesn’t stop Vets from using it but it puts many in jail with a criminal record for using medicine which really works.

The REEFER MADNESS adherents don’t seem to believe this but none of these have been in an artillery barrage or have PTSD. If so, they would KNOW of cannabis’ benefits for victims of PTSD.

In the meantime, active duty infantry warriors are being given antidepressant drugs which most likely just make them doped up enough to continue to go on recon and actual battle missions.

Who said “war is hell”. It is certainly turning up that way but the VA care is turning out to be much more dangerous and worse. (Writing this makes me sick!)

HOORAH FOR MY FELOW PTSD VICTIMS.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet