wierd problem

G'day fellow stoners and growers. A mate snuck back some dutch seeds for me a few years ago, Big bud, jack herer, silver pearl ect. and I have had great success with them.

Last year though I noticed a weird silvery necrosis of my shade leaves, but only on one side and alternating! e.g internode 3,5,7.

I ended up chucking these mutants and a few hermies (as you do) so I don't know if I could have bloomed these things and if the flowering growth would have been affected.

I assumed the problem was genetic NOT enviromental as other plants were healthy as and I know a thing or two about indoor cultivation, maybe those seeds are just too damn old.

Thoughts anyone?

After a bit of reading seems like I got an answer of sorts for those interested in this thread.

Apparently a seeds inner cellulose material undergoes degrees of physiological deterioration the older it gets. So I guess its not as simple as "She'll sprout or she won't" >:(

Interesting that my affected seeds display symptoms only on one side, and not every node. I guess this is just a genetic deterioration of my seeds, although I havn't really found anything specific about my problem.

Good thing I finally have a full time growing premises, I can finally have a full time mother room without having to time my real estate agents 6 monthly inspections and pack everything up! :)

Edited by bongaloid