First Time Grower - Seedling problem

Hi, I'm a first time grower. I am growing outdoors and have recently transplanted 2 seedlings. They are in a mixture of vermiculite and organic soil. When I transplanted I wetted them in with some Seasol & Nitrosol and subsequently sprayed with pyrethrum and Systex (a few days apart). Since then the edeges of the leaves looked burnt and the tips have wilted going a dark green colour. The new growth has slowed considerably and is deformed and twisted. I thought I may have over-fertilised or over-sprayed with insecticide so I've given each plant a thorough watering the last 2 days (once a day at dusk) to try to flush out the soil. The plants were totally fine before transplanting, fertilisation and spraying.

Could anyone tell me whether I'm doing the right thing? I've attached pics if that helps. Thanks in advance for any advice...

SmokieJoe

post-21530-1227604413_thumb.jpgpost-21530-1227604438_thumb.jpg

Thanks bil I'll try that. As for the spraying - it was just a preventative measure because I've tried growing before and when they're about 20cms I find them one day with all the leaves stripped(always grow outdoors). Thought it may have been a cricket or grub or something. I really have no idea what I'm doing - just experimenting as I go.