Extreme Early Flowering

G'Day ppl

wanting some info for a mate..

mate bought feminized durban poison seeds 3 months ago from PS

planted 3 of them mid september they seem to be growing a little slow, melbourne weather aint been the best atm.

out of the 3 biggest is 8in tall & has started to flower? he wants to know why its flowering so early,

he's been feeding them a very low dosage of charlie carp, yet he's been using charlie carp for years for other seedlings with out problems. other 2 plants are only 6in tall & have started showing sex, is there anything he can do to stop the flowering & revert back to veg ?

hope someone can help as its his first buy & he's not to impressed..

:rolleyes: Alot of peoples plants are trying to flower early outdoor this season. I've got plants from the same batches of seeds with some doing it while others arn't. My theory is that some can tell that this season is wetter than the last few years so something in their genetics tells them to flower enough to throw early seed to take full advantage (maby it's a recessive form of the auto flower trait). From my experience of other years I've seen it happen most will then grow through to normal flowering time and seed again although the yeild is greatly reduced due to the lack of vegetative growth.

Peace MongyMan

They ain't Durban Poison .... they are obviously seeds taken from plants that have been grown under lights for many generations. And it's rare for Durban Poison plants to be grown under lights, I tried it once and ended up with monsters in the room, couldn't stop them from growing lol, ended up with some great buds though but it took six months :rolleyes:.

I have tried to grow a lot of indoor strains outdoors and had the same result as your friend. Some work out but a lot don't.