unexpected visitors

hi all, just a question if you all think there is any substance in this or am i getting my pocket pissed in.

living in a rural area in vic, have a creek running thru the property down the back, i have about 3 plots grow totaling 30 plants on the property.

have not told a soul, have not had anybody around - i do however have a neighbour who has a little hobby farm that is set hard against my fencline and he seems a little too nosey for my liking, but in saying that we just leave eachother alone(at least thats what i hope)

i have a large dog (a big sook) that looks and sounds like a man eater that is fenced in along the front of the property.

the creek out the back is my boundary and on the other side is a comercial wholesale nursery...we both use the creek water....as for them, i never see any of them, and they have a large amount of land with little product down near my bit.

yesterday the dog went nuts whilst i was tending to my girls down the back, i went to investigate and standing in my front garden(this is very bushy..lotsa large camelias and bushy type plants behind a 10 foot conifer hedge) is a guy with camo plants on staring at my house holding something....being that i am not too bright instead of watching and waiting went over to the guy asking him what he thinks he is doing and behaving aggresively.

the guy says he is looking for the gas meter and i tell him its over there..at this point he is about 4-5metres away, i walk over to near the dog to calm him down, look up and the guy is fucking gone.

i go up to the road, cant see him.

i put it outta my head go back to the garden and tell myself not to be paranoid.

mention this to a couple of the guys at work last nite that have had a few big big type grows down here in vic and they start telling me that sounds as dodgy as all shit and if in doubt pull em out.

what i cant understand is why would they be sniffing me, i live in nowhere, i dont have anybody around, if they were around everything is hidden around the property(its about an acre of bush to the creek).

another mate who is about to move a 100 or so up into the scrub has offered to take mine, but also said it sounded like nuthin, as they are just contractors-they can where whateva, and the cops wouldnt sneak around in the day with the dog barkin etc, knowing when you i would be home.

i want the last guys voice to be the one of reason, but i dont know if i am just fooliing myself.

any suggestions on is this silly paranoia or would you be pulling up asap.

cheers phin. B)

hi all, just a question if you all think there is any substance in this or am i getting my pocket pissed in.

living in a rural area in vic, have a creek running thru the property down the back, i have about 3 plots grow totaling 30 plants on the property.

have not told a soul, have not had anybody around - i do however have a neighbour who has a little hobby farm that is set hard against my fencline and he seems a little too nosey for my liking, but in saying that we just leave eachother alone(at least thats what i hope)

i have a large dog (a big sook) that looks and sounds like a man eater that is fenced in along the front of the property.

the creek out the back is my boundary and on the other side is a comercial wholesale nursery...we both use the creek water....as for them, i never see any of them, and they have a large amount of land with little product down near my bit.

yesterday the dog went nuts whilst i was tending to my girls down the back, i went to investigate and standing in my front garden(this is very bushy..lotsa large camelias and bushy type plants behind a 10 foot conifer hedge) is a guy with camo plants on staring at my house holding something....being that i am not too bright instead of watching and waiting went over to the guy asking him what he thinks he is doing and behaving aggresively.

the guy says he is looking for the gas meter and i tell him its over there..at this point he is about 4-5metres away, i walk over to near the dog to calm him down, look up and the guy is fucking gone.

i go up to the road, cant see him.

i put it outta my head go back to the garden and tell myself not to be paranoid.

mention this to a couple of the guys at work last nite that have had a few big big type grows down here in vic and they start telling me that sounds as dodgy as all shit and if in doubt pull em out.

what i cant understand is why would they be sniffing me, i live in nowhere, i dont have anybody around, if they were around everything is hidden around the property(its about an acre of bush to the creek).

another mate who is about to move a 100 or so up into the scrub has offered to take mine, but also said it sounded like nuthin, as they are just contractors-they can where whateva, and the cops wouldnt sneak around in the day with the dog barkin etc, knowing when you i would be home.

i want the last guys voice to be the one of reason, but i dont know if i am just fooliing myself.

any suggestions on is this silly paranoia or would you be pulling up asap.

cheers phin. B)

Ring up the gas company. In the burbs they have to wear a uniform and carry/wear an id card. If they had no one in your area on that day someone might have been casing your place for a break in or a rip off. If it was cops I think you would have been busted by now. B)

i hear ya kev....the nursery employs like 2 dozen people, so i guess i am just going to ring the gas co early monday morn, and if this smells like shite i am going scrub with these girls.

just by the way i also noticed i have a couple of tri-branch plants powering along.

i'll try to get some pics to post.

but in regards to the freaking, i am only doing a splif now for medicinal (stress) reasons and a couple of brews and have been doing all i can to remain rational.

thanks guys, i appreciate the thoughts.

phin B)

okay lin i told those dudes about the guy in camo in the day, when they reacted as they did-i spilled about the predicament and a good man offered to take them up to his plot.

the guys i told i know wont go to the trouble to rip my nothing crop, they're pretty heavy.

i appreciate the concern man.

phin.

Phineas It could be have been some one planning to get at your household goods rather than your garden goods.

Rural or isolated properties are often easy pickings for people that do that sort of thing as they are not likely to be seen.

I would find it hard to believe that someone turned up to rip unless one or 2 of your mates have a side to them that you don't know about??

This bloke sounds like a Bogeyman. The way you describe it I'd say, 'Definitely a Bogeyman'. The stock-in-trade trick of a Bogeyman is to lock you in a self-built prison. You can't escape. And a seasoned professional Bogeyman is just so smooth. I've noticed that as I've aged they've lost their brutal threats and now affect a cruelly refined culture of crippling. The Bogeymen that haunt my life cripple everything – all with dazzling effect.

Go through the worst possible scenarios. Make these as far-fetched as possible, only then settle back into reality. What's the very worst that can happen to you? What is the likelihood that, that will happen? Rehearse what you will say and do if the Pigs arrive - “I do not wish to make a statement. I have done nothing wrong. I wish to speak with a lawyer.” You may have to repeat yourself a few times.

Seriously, what's the very worst? Why haven't they busted you already?

I hate the fucking Bogeyman.