Soil mix, need help.

I have 4 Aus-Blue plants outside in some Yates potting mix about 1 week old.

I just got

Lime 10L

Trace Elements 5L

Worm poo 25L

Organic potting mix 30L

Bag of compost 25L

Blood N Bone 30L

Wetting agent

powerfeed

Seasol

and some Osmacote Rose superfeed.

Now i dont know if a can mix all of this or howmuch of each?

So this is where you come into it

Just want to know what can be used and howmuch.

Thanks, Kev.

forget the rose food feed it to your roses,a handfull of lime per plant 2 handfulls blood and bone per plant and 1 of trace elements between the four dig this all in or mix it through your potting mix in a bout a week after you put them in start feeding them the seasol at about half strength and slowly build this up to full strength,good luck

also mix in your compost and put some of that worm poo round the top couple of handfulls ,the worm castings r awsom mate should grow like buggery,if you r growing in big pots not in the ground use about half the lime,blood and bone and trace elements,p.s.read the bag do what it says

THis if a bit off topic but....

yeah nutes are important obviously but your biggest limiting factor in a pot is water. potting mix, although for good reasons, has very poor water holding capacity.

Therefore, everything has to be done very often in small doses.

If you could add 1L of water 8 times a day this would be exponentially better than a 8L water every morning that would just run out the bottom anyway.

2 ways this could be achieved

but a tap timer, pressure reduces, and drippers, annoying to set up everything has to be so tight cause of mains pressure blah blah

--------------------------------OR----------------------------------------------------

Buy/find a 60L tub and a 240V pond pump and some poly and a "pressure compensating dripper" (can be ran on low pressure) and 240 timer. Common sense for the set up. I recon this set is better for a number of reasons.

these drippers run at 4l an hour i recon have your drippers run for mmmmm (i dont really know) depends on plant size i half an hour three times a day. AVOID water running out the bottom this is bad. add just enough water for the plant.

Personally i grow weed by hydro and indoors but this is how i grow my tomatoes on my balcony and HOLLY SHIT!!!! with this system they outperform plants in the ground and you only have to top the tub up every week or so depending. pluys u can add weak soluable nutes to the tub

thats my 2c

Mix 10/20% of the worm castings in the potting mix plus another 10/20% compost. I'd recommend buying some dynamic lifter and for liquid feeds i would grab Nitrosol i think it's called by Garden King or Amgrow that stuff is 10/10. Just read the back for liquid feeds I wouldn't be hitting anything with Nitrogen until they are at least 2/3 weeks old and make it 1/4 or 1/2 strength. If you can buy coco bricks they're bloody good I prefer mixing them with mushroom compost than buying potting mix.

I have 4 Aus-Blue plants outside in some Yates potting mix about 1 week old.

I just got

Lime 10L

Trace Elements 5L

Worm poo 25L

Organic potting mix 30L

Bag of compost 25L

Blood N Bone 30L

Wetting agent

powerfeed

Seasol

and some Osmacote Rose superfeed.

Now i dont know if a can mix all of this or howmuch of each?

So this is where you come into it

Thanks, Kev.

mix the worm poo, organic potting mix,and the compost together.

forget about the rest of the stuff( except the seasol and powerfeed.)

use the powerfeed and the seasol throughout the grow and your plants will have all they need. :rolleyes:

Just want to know what can be used and howmuch.

Edited by gundawindi