Transplanted pic.. possibly new prob.. help please?

Okay, so I've transplanted into a potting mix/perlite medium.. seems to have taken to it okay (I think?) watered a little, and seem to have new growth. Also, the plants are quite pungent.. is this a good sign? The only problem I seem to have is that the new leaves seem to be curling upwards slightly.. is this an issue? I'm really new to this, and apologise if i'm questioning the obvious to some, but any help would be much appreciated.. I'm basically waiting on new seeds to start over (read the Wrangler grow earlier today.. prob should have gone with a coco peat mix.. will when the new seeds arrive) and just wondering if these plants are a complete loss, or whether I should stick with them? The below shot is of the current closet grow.. 400w HPS at around 1 1/2 metres above plants..

post-19890-1226228448_thumb.jpg

Awesome, thanks for the reply loggerking.. i have no idea what strain it is.. must've just got lucky with some "bagseed".. and yeah, it smells great! Not sure about the resin myself, it's basically my first grow, so I'm not sure what to look for, but thanks for setting my mind at ease.. I'm just wondering if it should be bigger than it is for around 3-4 weeks old? Anything else I should take note of..? Either way, appreciate the reply.. B) cheers!

Cheers for the reply.. it's probably more like late into the 4th week or early 5th.. I forget exactly when they sprouted. I basically used a hole drill and mounted a computer fan below to blow cool air in, and also one at the top, to blow air out. The fan at the base isn't moving the leaves at all.. it's just bringing in new air and circulating.. should I put a fan inside.. blow a little air on the leaves themselves? and yeah.. the leaves are getting direct light.. watered probably about twice a week.. I'm just wondering, at what point should I start adding nutrients? I'll probably go with the canna vege.. and later on their ("flore") for the flowering.. The plants have been in the soil/perlite mix for about a week, so I'm guessing they're still taking on the soil nutrients.. so yeah.. B).. any other extra nutrients other than the canna veg? So many questions.. anyways.. again thanks.. :D Edited by smokeymcpot

Cheers for the reply.. it's probably more like late into the 4th week or early 5th.. I forget exactly when they sprouted. I basically used a hole drill and mounted a computer fan below to blow cool air in, and also one at the top, to blow air out. The fan at the base isn't moving the leaves at all.. it's just bringing in new air and circulating.. should I put a fan inside.. blow a little air on the leaves themselves? and yeah.. the leaves are getting direct light.. watered probably about twice a week.. I'm just wondering, at what point should I start adding nutrients? I'll probably go with the canna vege.. and later on their ("flore") for the flowering.. The plants have been in the soil/perlite mix for about a week, so I'm guessing they're still taking on the soil nutrients.. so yeah.. B).. any other extra nutrients other than the canna veg? So many questions.. anyways.. again thanks.. :D

the canna for soil would be best,,,i thinks its called terra,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i would put a little desk fan in there moving the air on the tops of plant,,there only 10 to 15 bucks,,$10 at big w....start nutes once a week in a week or 2..............

for nutrients buy the right ones for the medium you intend on using. for soil that would mean either going with something dedicated to soil like canna terra (not their normal vega or flores) or you can get away with using a coco specific nutrient at around 1/2 the recommended strength.

now for the plant problem which is pretty easy to fix :D from what i can see your pH is way off which is locking out other nutrients. I say this because it sounds like the plant was only recently transplanted and even if it hasnt a plant that size shouldnt be able to use up the available nutrients in the soil. I could be wrong, but it doesnt matter wether im right or wrong because the solution is the same. when ever you see a problem like the one you are seeing now the easiest solution is to flush the medium. that just means running 3-4x the pot size of water through the pot so if you are using a 10L pot you'd run 30-40L of water through it. the water needs to be pH adjusted for your medium and there is a good chance that after giving the plant a flush you'll quickly need to begin feeding it proper nutrients. you might be able to get away with not feeding it for a week because the soil might still hold some nutrients after the flush, but if you ever decided to grow hydroponically you'll instantly need to begin feeding the plants again...

well i hope that helps, be sure to keep us updated B)

Perfect... appreciate the repsonse chronic.. I was wondering if it may have been a ph issue.. thanks for taking the time to spell it out at length for me.. big help! Seems I've got a little shopping ahead of me, and yeah, the Canna terra looks like the one to go with.. is it worth looking out for some ph soil tester or test kit for future reference? or is it just a case of flushing with the ph corrected water? I'll just go with the flush for now, but thanks again, appreciate the advice and I'll keep u informed of how things go.. B)