First indoor grow, have a few issues, help would be great! :)

Hey smokeymac

if you go with worm castings, the medium can get gluggy and effect drainage, also attract gnats.

Liquid worm castings can make good nutes/ or foliar spray to tho.

If you go with straight coco, consider a coco specific nute.

If you go with canna terra (peaty), consider canna bio nutes, or canna vega/flores.

Consider adding some perlite for drainage.

Best of luck.

you have to buy a nutrient for your medium otherwise the plants wont grow nearly as good as they could. if you want to stick with the vermiculite i would recommend either canna or dutchmaster's standard nutrients, if you want to use soil i would recommend canna terra or any coco specifici nutrient at 1/2 strength and for coco i highly recommend canadian xpress if you can get it otherwise pretty much all the coco nutrients are the same.

now with that out of the way mixing mediums isnt that good of an idea unless you know exactly what you are doing. as it was already pointed out mixing worm castings with coco will attract bugs like gnats, mess with drainage, etc. not to mention how adding nutrients to an inert medium and then watering with nutrients can cause all kinds of issues B) about the most you'll probably want to do is mix perlite with your medium of choice to add a bit more drainage.

Apologies, have had a few internet connection issues, and in the mean time, have transplanted in a perlite and soil mix, watering slightly, and have basically left them to grow the last few days. Below are a few pics, hopefully all is well.. the first few leaves, I guess the earliest, have pretty much died, though since transplanting, the new growth, the top leaves, seem to look really good.. any advice would be greatly appreciated as always, cheers..

post-19890-1226031700_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1226031756_thumb.jpg

post-19890-1226031791_thumb.jpg