Case update for those with an interest

Don't Jump Mate,

You've got 'them' worried which is more than most of us will ever be able to do.

& there's always a better way, but we rarely see it at first.

Trust that you will find their weakness & put a stake in them, so to speak.

I've downloaded the PDF and will read it tomorrow morning when I'm awake properly.

There is a newsgroup: aus.legal where you *might* find someone who knows more about legalese (or not), haven't been there for a while. Maybe someone knows how to force the issue to a higher court or something better.

How much has it cost you to do this so far?

• PM me with details of how & where i can help out ok.

Edited by Kali Mist

For those who have managed to view the brief you can understand how frustrated lightning must be, Points of law that apply to every Australian yet they are refusing to hear it based on jurisdiction. The faster this gets to the High Court the better!

I agree. I have only gotten through a little over half of reading it and my eyes are starting to hurt. And they call it a brief. That must have taken a shit load of time to research and prepare. Just shows you how much compassion the cops have when they wont let a lady take a shower. >:( >_<

The brief is the result of pissing off two aspies then giving them 22 months to refine their arguments, us aspies get fairly intense in our focus if you get our attention. They got it.

Wonder if they are enjoying it.

Lodging the brief with the court on Guy Fawkes day certainly had some poetic irony to it. Wonder if they realized it.

For those that don't know what "aspie" is it is Aspergers syndrome which lists on the autistic spectrum of diagnosis, have a quick read of Tony Attwood's site he is the leading expert in OZ for more details

http://www.tonyattwood.com.au/ad.html

Edited by lightning

How much has it cost you to do this so far?

Hard to define Kali.

short background first

After years of feast and famine in work due to my aspie temperament I had landed a role as an IT Infrastructure consultant (self taught no formal quals, I'm one of the computer "Geeks") paying decent money and providing support services to SMEs and a couple fortune 500 companies.throughout melb and we had starting clawing our way back financially after 2 years of unemployment.

The garage roof of the rental property we were in was leaking and damaging my tools so we requested it be fixed but the landlord baulked and we had to go to consumer affairs to get them to fix it.

The day the land lord turned up to fix the roof the plants were in the vegie garden at the diagonally opposite corner of the property to the garage. The landlord and the agent had known from the start of the lease two years earlier that we grew our own medical/sacramental cannabis as we have NEVER hidden it as we truly believe we were doing nothing wrong. The treaty gave us the authorization to have the medicinal and the constitution gave us the sacramental so we simply ignored the bad, unjust Victorian Law in an act of public disobedience.

As he had always known we did not bother to hide the plants. However while on the roof of the garage to do the repair he walked right across the house roof with his camera and photographed our plants and then took the photos to the cops.

The bust followed.

Since the bust and directly due to these laws the following has occurred.

The real estate agent at the landlord's direction took us to the Tenancies Tribunal and had us evicted for "using the property for Criminal purposes"

We were then blacklisted by the agent on the REIV tenancies database as "using the property for Criminal purposes" ending ANY chance of finding another rental even though we are innocent till proven guilty.

We spent six months living in a caravan behind my aged pensioner parents house before finding a rental through a friend who knew our circumstances and was going touring (grey nomads) for two years

My work shortly after the bust became an assignment to Newcrest Mining @ 100k/pa to solve a number of infrastructure issues that had been plaguing their IT systems for a number of years and nobody had been able to fix them. I was there for 2 weeks and had resolved the 5 major issues in the systems and was beginning to work on some of the others when the company introduced a zero tolerance drugs policy and required random urine tests to enforce. I went to human resources and told them that this was not going to work as I would test positive to cannabis at all times due to it's longevity in the body and my reasons for use. I then went to the IT Manager( my supervisor) and explained the situation to him. He went to the HR manager and went into bat for me for a medical exemption on the basis that it was obvious to him that my work was in no way effected by my use and if there was any effect then maybe they should consider making it compulsory for all his staff to consume canna given what I had acomplished in just 2 weeks!!!!

HR would not budge and my assignment was terminated and the company I was subcontracting for washed their hands of me. I have not worked since as in this industry police checks are SOP and with pending drugs charges, well.....you know the story. I pushed for and got disability pension which is what we now live on

Littlbits daughters also have both completely broken all communication with her because they disagree with our stance on this and she no longer gets to see her grand kids.

As to the case itself about 2.5 - 3k in fuel parking tollway fees going to hearings (I think we have now had 12) printing phone calls, going to medical appointments trying to gain our medical evidence and find a GP who will work with us since the latest changes to the vic drug reporting requirements.

So Kali what has it cost?

Shit loads!!! >:( :wave: >_<

Edited by lightning

Hard to define Kali.

short background first

After years of feast and famine in work due to my aspie temperament I had landed a role as an IT Infrastructure consultant (self taught no formal quals, I'm one of the computer "Geeks") paying decent money and providing support services to SMEs and a couple fortune 500 companies.throughout melb and we had starting clawing our way back financially after 2 years of unemployment.

The garage roof of the rental property we were in was leaking and damaging my tools so we requested it be fixed but the landlord baulked and we had to go to consumer affairs to get them to fix it.

The day the land lord turned up to fix the roof the plants were in the vegie garden at the diagonally opposite corner of the property to the garage. The landlord and the agent had known from the start of the lease two years earlier that we grew our own medical/sacramental cannabis as we have NEVER hidden it as we truly believe we were doing nothing wrong. The treaty gave us the authorization to have the medicinal and the constitution gave us the sacramental so we simply ignored the bad, unjust Victorian Law in an act of public disobedience.

As he had always known we did not bother to hide the plants. However while on the roof of the garage to do the repair he walked right across the house roof with his camera and photographed our plants and then took the photos to the cops.

The bust followed.

Since the bust and directly due to these laws the following has occurred.

The real estate agent at the landlord's direction took us to the Tenancies Tribunal and had us evicted for "using the property for Criminal purposes"

We were then blacklisted by the agent on the REIV tenancies database as "using the property for Criminal purposes" ending ANY chance of finding another rental even though we are innocent till proven guilty.

We spent six months living in a caravan behind my aged pensioner parents house before finding a rental through a friend who knew our circumstances and was going touring (grey nomads) for two years

My work shortly after the bust became an assignment to Newcrest Mining @ 100k/pa to solve a number of infrastructure issues that had been plaguing their IT systems for a number of years and nobody had been able to fix them. I was there for 2 weeks and had resolved the 5 major issues in the systems and was beginning to work on some of the others when the company introduced a zero tolerance drugs policy and required random urine tests to enforce. I went to human resources and told them that this was not going to work as I would test positive to cannabis at all times due to it's longevity in the body and my reasons for use. I then went to the IT Manager( my supervisor) and explained the situation to him. He went to the HR manager and went into bat for me for a medical exemption on the basis that it was obvious to him that my work was in no way effected by my use and if there was any effect then maybe they should consider making it compulsory for all his staff to consume canna given what I had acomplished in just 2 weeks!!!!

HR would not budge and my assignment was terminated and the company I was subcontracting for washed their hands of me. I have not worked since as in this industry police checks are SOP and with pending drugs charges, well.....you know the story. I pushed for and got disability pension which is what we now live on

Littlbits daughters also have both completely broken all communication with her because they disagree with our stance on this and she no longer gets to see her grand kids.

As to the case itself about 2.5 - 3k in fuel parking tollway fees going to hearings (I think we have now had 12) printing phone calls, going to medical appointments trying to gain our medical evidence and find a GP who will work with us since the latest changes to the vic drug reporting requirements.

So Kali what has it cost?

Shit loads!!! >:( :wave: >_<

Hang in there lightning. Since you are obvioulsly non plas about your identity being revealed you should setup a means for people to donate money to you anonymously. If you win this start a church; the tax breaks alone would make it worthwhile.

You can donate to the fighting fund anonymously with cash at any branch of the Bendigo Bank, or transfer funds via Internet Banking:

Account Name: M & E Pallett

BSB: 633000

Account: 134710094

Please use a description like "food and expenses", and leave a unique ref # pm this to lightning if you'd like us to know which donation is yours.

We are completely over these laws and this witch hunt and no longer care who knows, who we are. If somebody decides to target us for our stand let them bring it on.

We must however inform those that would that we do not take prisoners as the Geneva convention states you have to share your food and drugs with prisoners...... and it just aint gunna happen!! >_< >:( :wave:

Edited by lightning