Res Tank Size

Hey guys,

When i first set up my system i was told the container im using for my res was 60 litres.. So ive always mixed the nutes to the strength of a 60L tank. I was just filling up my new res for my mother which is a small black container which says 60L.. There is a huge difference in size between the 2 reservoir's they cant both be 60L? Anyone else using the same res and know what size it is? Filling the tank up 2L at a time would be a real pain in the ass B)

Cheers,

Ricky

post-14548-1224934031_thumb.jpg

post-14548-1224934795_thumb.jpg

post-14548-1224934121_thumb.jpg

Hey guys,

When i first set up my system i was told the container im using for my res was 60 litres.. So ive always mixed the nutes to the strength of a 60L tank. I was just filling up my new res for my mother which is a small black container which says 60L.. There is a huge difference in size between the 2 reservoir's they cant both be 60L? Anyone else using the same res and know what size it is? Filling the tank up 2L at a time would be a real pain in the ass B)

Cheers,

Ricky

post-14548-1224934031_thumb.jpg

post-14548-1224934795_thumb.jpg

That black one would look to be about 60l, that blue sucker is most definately a 44gallon or 205l drum.

Screw the filling with a bucket method. Just use a calculator. approximate or measure the length width and depth in centimeters, then divide it by 1000 to get the volume in litres. add a slight fudge factor for the tapered base which will give you a rough idea. It would be 60 to 70L i reckon.

that tub looks like its one of those made from recycled plastics ?

if so replace it with a FOOD GRADE tub , the recycled shit tubs leach into the nutes then into the plants then into you man ,

cheap is not always best . ;)

hahahaha , somepeople say smoking will kill you , im not sure if your having a laugh or not but 99% of the shit i have HEARD is just that Shit, even worst is the people that keep it alive on internet forums without backing up any real info or proff.................B)...just joking mate

hahaha, the dangers of useing recyled plastics for anything that you consume are wellknwen and documented ( its also somthing many people overlook when your not thinking about it and trying to save a few bucks), but i have never heard or can i find any info about the white family and growing brest , only what you have dribbled out . bit of a differnce dont you think?????? .. no harm

that tub looks like its one of those made from recycled plastics ?

if so replace it with a FOOD GRADE tub , the recycled shit tubs leach into the nutes then into the plants then into you man ,

cheap is not always best . ;)

I got the black container in a kit from a hydro shop.. I dont think he would have sold it if the container wasn't suitable, the guy has not done me wrong yet B)