please help i got some seeds and am having truble sprouting them

plz keep it too one post u dont need to post everywhere for someone to answer, theres not really much to germinating seeds u can either put them in wet paper towel leave them in a dark spot for a day or two they should sprout or even sit them in a glass of water and they should sprout themselves with a few days the bad ones normally sink and the good ones will float once the tap root starts showing u can pull them out and put them in the pots. Edited by ijustdontcare

for newbies at seed raising,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,buy a $5 bag of seed raising potting mix,,put some in little pots ..one seed each...wet it ,put seed just under the surface(cover it),,,,,,if its not hot weather put some glad wrap over the top with a rubber band around it,,,,,take wrap off soon as it breaks the soil,,.,,,,,seeds dont grow in cement ................

for newbies at seed raising,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,buy a $5 bag of seed raising potting mix,,put some in little pots ..one seed each...wet it ,put seed just under the surface(cover it),,,,,,if its not hot weather put some glad wrap over the top with a rubber band around it,,,,,take wrap off soon as it breaks the soil,,.,,,,,seeds dont grow in cement ................

POINTY END UP B)

I find that putting glad wrap over a pot in the sun will just steam the seed and fuck it , but hey , each to their own :scratchin:

I just put them in some wet paper towel on a plate in the kitchen where it isnt too hot , or even in the cupboard .

yeah you want to keep the pots out of direct sunlight for sure, esp at this time of year.

OP: how deep were you burying the seeds?

A good rule of thumb is to plant them as deep as the seeds are long (ie 5 mm). I use ordinary

potting mix, seed raising mix works well too.

Give them a good water, put a clear placky bag over them and they should come up in

a few days. Make sure the seeds don't dry out too, and don't give them too much water

as it could cause them to rot.

Tell us about the seeds- are they seed bank or bag seed? How old are they?