using seaweed for indoor grow

An interesting thing about seaweed extracts the most famous of which is seasol is that they have been proven (when used at the recommended dose) to do absolutely nothing. An Australian scientist produced an excellent review of about 160 trials conducted world wide with seaweed extracts. He concluded that at the recommended dose soil or foliar applications do not affect plant growth or reproduction or vigor. However, at around 20 times the recommended does they have a small affect. Most the claims on the bottle are claims based on potassium nutrition, increases PS yutta yutta, increased drought tolerence blah blah all the things potassium is supposed to do. Unfortunitly, seasol contains like 14% mass as potas, then dilute is at one cap to 4 lts water and u got next to no potassium. In addition, the "growth promoters" from seaweed are also not effective for plants. One experiment showed that it can increase microbial growth, awesome i recon if i pissed on soil after a couple of beers that would also increase microbial growth as they broke down the urea.

I love natural fertilisers it just pisses me off that alot of companies out there are peddling natural ferts that dont do anything.

Notice how seasol calls itself a "plant tonic" there are legal reasons why.

RRRR breath good to get that off my chest.

Yeah make a compost pile of your seaweed man it would be awesome (im being serious after i what i just said you might think this is sarcastic) if the seaweed is free and you add alot of it then sweet.

Edited by danoz

Yer thanks for that danoz, i just realised the seasol is more or less brown coloured water B) , yet i still persevere with bull kelp extract that is black and thick like consistency of oil cause i reckon it provides the plant with things that hydro nutes cant .. i only use it to foliar-feed, while plants are listening to music such as Bolero in particular as it seems to promote large open stomata ..

and in soil outdoors i dunno if it does much good but i still use it anyway lol ..

its really crazy cause i think it helps , but i dont really know for sure whether it does or not!!

:P