Four to face court over 'drug-trafficking ring'

Four to face court over 'drug-trafficking ring'

http://www.theage.com.au/national/four-to-...81023-575m.html

• Mex Cooper
  • October 23, 2008 - 3:03PM

Eight homes were raided and four people arrested after police busted an alleged drug-trafficking ring in Melbourne's south-eastern suburbs yesterday.

- Cannabis plants, cars seized

- Three-month investigation

- Eight people charged

Three men and a woman were charged with drug offences after homes were searched in Narre Warren, Hampton Park and Hallam as a result of a three-month police investigation.

Cannabis plants, four cars and drug paraphernalia were seized during the raids and police allegedly uncovered elaborate hydroponic systems for growing the drugs.

A 46-year-old Hampton Park man and two men from Narre Warren, aged 18 and 43, were charged with cultivating, trafficking and possessing a commercial quantity of cannabis and theft.

A 37-year-old Hampton Park woman was charged with cultivating, trafficking and possessing a commercial quantity of cannabis and possessing the proceeds of crime and theft.

All four are due to face Melbourne Magistrates Court later today.

Another 4 prisoners of war who will be denied their rights....maybe they should involke their rights under the geneva protocols

Edited by lightning

Another 4 prisoners of war who will be denied their rights....maybe they should involke their rights under the geneva protocols

Sounds like a pretty big haul, sizing cars and a 3 month invetigation, Guessin they were big sellers, not something i have much sympothy for on that scale....if u wana take the risk...up to u..........but they were defenitly not growers like us who in 99% of cases grow our herb for personal and medicnual uses.....which when i see these ppl get done starts to make me angry.

Dont get me wrong I do not agree with large scale unlicenced unregulated cultivation for profit but if the govt will not provide a regulated quality controlled supply of cannabis for those that choose to use it, as they the govt, are obliged to do under the single treaty and as they do for opiates through the tasmanian opium control board, then a black market will flourish to supply market demand. that is just fact. The Government have abdicated control by their own choice and now they bitch about the outcome FFS

if they don't like the outcome they could always change what they are doing but why condemn those who are actually trying to fulfil Australia's obligations under the treaty to "Ensure adequate supply for medical and scientific purposes"

Last time I checked "Experimentation" is a valid scientific research process. Just because the Goverment fails to allow for a permit scheme to regulate the research should not stop individuals undertaking personal scientific research and experimenting on them selves. their body their choice. This is especially the case when the individual is excercising their right to manage their own medical treatment.

To jail people for doing what the government refuses to do even though they are supposed to is the height of hypocrisy.

Edited by lightning