Help

Hi this is my first time on a forum hope Im doing this ok I have been growing on the south coast of Western Australia for many years & for the first time my seedlings leaves turn bright yellow from the moment they show leaves they stunt then die. Can anyone help me please ?

Ps Am growing outdoors I am trying to get some photos organised

Edited by mark60

you didnt fertilise them did you?

people who dont grow things in general usually do that thinking they are doing the right thing... they kill the seedlings from the high levels of nitrogen or phosperous... (typo im blazed)

Use potting mix, yates is the best generic.

Personally dont get too high tech, they are plants, use the simple shit before you go hi tech.

Thanks heaps 4 getting back 2 me so fast.

I have been using jiffy pots 4 the last 15 years & have never seen this before I havent used any fertiliser. I am now attempting 2 use soil & potting mix.

I have found a picture that looks close 2 what I am seeing will try & attach. Most of the time I get the first 2 leaves green then the next 2 go bright yellow.

I have approx 15 different strains from QLD, NSW mostly WA they are all doing the same thing I have tried bottled water & tap water another grower from down here is having same problem.

Heres an image of the problem, this is picture looks very similar to the results i've been getting.

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...ost&id=6939

Think Ive worked out how 2 post pictures here goes

post-19139-1224568481_thumb.jpg

post-19139-1224568580_thumb.jpg

post-19139-1224568659_thumb.jpg

Same thing seen with jiffy pots...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, some local growers have suggested it could be a strain of phytoplasm , namely "aster yellow" but this is the first time I've heard of it effecting hemp/pot plants.

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Edited by mark60

heya mark >:( i dont know but you got me thinking .. two photo examples you have given maybe different causes .. the bigger one has bleached new growth on side branch? yea? , well i think that maybe genetic , cause that one looks like it started off ok as seedling and has now thrown this mutant gene ? >:(

the photo of the tiny seedlings sprouts with yellow new growth , i have had exact same looking problem with same age sprouts too ... twas indoors and i was getting them an early start before going outside, only problem i had at that time was fungal gnats flying in and laying their lavae in the perlite where the lavae chewed on tender little roots and sprout could not take up nutrients ... well thats what i put it down to so i took it outdoors and planted in soil and it came good within a week the green returned and it went on to be average plant no worries .. maybe thats not your case though ...

but you got the problem an so has another grower, thats strange what do your circumstances have in common with other grower? .... sounds like your on bore water or some pretty 'hard' water if you know calcium is high is it possible there are other elements-salts present in water in higher than normal levels? ...

be good to see if rainwater changes situation

btw the middle sprout in picture looks like a good one .. so far ...

dunno man its just my thoughts but hope you sort it out lol

Hey things looking good thanks guys wrangler556 u rock & thanks 2 Frazzle

not totally sure but will keep u informed. Should b 100% sure within 24 - 48 hours.

I reckon i grow in the most awesome bushland in the world will set up a grow diary

with photos I am sure u will b impressed.

Thanks thought I was rooted lol

Edited by mark60