Fibromyalgia

maxhead

Question

Hi people,

I have been diagnosed with fibrmyalgia by 2 people one a doctor and one a professor.(niether used pressure point standards)

When I see a rheumatologist they use a pressure point system where they say I have to have 11 sore points or sharp pain when pressured. As most of these points dont cause pain have I got fibromyalgia ?. I have all the other symtoms, muscle aches and all over especially in neck and shoulders where it seems to burn. Is this familiar with anyone? I smoke pot as an anti depressant, is this real? or should I take the prescribed muscle relaxant/anti depressant drugs and really feel like a zombie??(no offense but thats how i feel with these drugs).

5 answers to this question

Hi Max

I have fibro too, haven't got much time now for a long response but i'll get back to this tomorrow...I'm an FM'er diagnosed 7 years ago, sufferring from various things for a long time before that however so I'm sure my journey

through all this might be able to save you a few steps!

Catch up very soon,

Morgaine

I have no idea what you're talking about, but sympathise with your condition.

I would definately recommend the green over "chemical living", I have seen a few people get quite addicted to that shit, as well, it actually changes (IMO) who you are...you can become very dependant upon them.

Of course, the same can be said for weed...but I don't think it's that much of an issue if you moderate.

Vapourising also takes away some of the negative factors, and (again IMO) a lot of the addictive factors too, so I'd recommend that...not so much as an anti-depressant, just as a method.

Is it an anti-depressant?

That one's pretty subjective, in my case I'd lean towards "yes", but I don't represent you/all necessarily.

fibro is an interesting illness...its a collection of symptoms. very much on the rise. i got diagnosed 18 years ago. been a med cannabis person for 10 years. yes it will work. my personal experience is to find a balance of 40 per cent sativa and 60 per cent indica. a white strain is perfect. white widow. white shark. white russian. white rhino.

some days u might want pure sativa to over the dooldrums of depression. this to help u get on up on your good foot.

pain days u might want a pure indica. sleepy. sleepy. pain free.

thus a 40 / 60 split is sweet almost all the time.

there's plenty of info on fibro. when i first got diagnosed there was nothing.

good luck

m

Hi guys, thanks for the replies regarding fibromyalgia.

I'm still confused about the pressure point diagnosis....when I tell my GP that a rheumatologist has done the pressure point test and found no symtoms he replies by saying that I dont want it to progress to that stage ..Why is it, in my case so pronounced in my shoulders and back/neck and limits my sleep when I lay on my side and is worse when I try to put a concerted effort into something. Anyway nuff of my issues thanks again.

Max