Putting clones from indoor to outdoor.

hey all

about a month ago i put 8 clones outdoors, they started to bud, so i had to put them back indoors under 24/7. Finally re-veged, anyway thats another story..

Now i have just had to rip my 2nd attempt outdoor this season because i had all hermaphrodite seeds.

Now i am getting 10 clones within the week, i was wondering whats the best method to put them outdoors to keep them growing. Well not nesacerally thease clones wont go outdoors, but the clones i will soon be taking will.

im in victoria too so if anyone else does this down here some advice would be handy..

ive thought about slowly lowering the light hours but i rekon they would just start to bud.

cheers

Have put clones outside from 24 / 7 many a time....as long as the hours in the day are still increasing outside then its cool to put clones outdoors...as soon as hours in day start to decrease then budding will commence....takes about 2 weeks to for the plant to realise that the hours in the day are increasing..in Tas 2nd week of october optimum.

maxhead

I read that if you have a small light source near the plant and set it off once or twice during the night

the plant won't go into flower mode.

can anyone confirm this?

thats a great way of getting a hermie crop B)

from what i have been told the best way to put clones outside is to first vege them up under simular light hours to outdoors using weak lights. using fluros or raising your HID as far as it will go works great and im pretty sure you'll want to vege them under 15/9 indoor so when they go outside the hours of light isnt too different.

i think the logic behind that method is that if you use an almost perfect source of light, eg. a 600w hps fairly close to the plants under 18/6 when the plants go outside they freak out due the drastically reduced hours of light as well as the intensity of the light. sunrise and sunset can last for hours giving weaker light not to mention cloud cover, trees, etc. so by giving them 15 hours of light it resembles the outside hours of light and when the sun hits them they'll see it as a major improvement in their conditions and grow accordingly :P

strains also play a major role in when they'll flower. sativas are more used to equatorial hours of light which are really close to 12/12 whereas indicas are used to vegging in 14-16 hours of light and flowering when the light hours get down to 12-13 hours. that is a major thing to consider because you can get away with putting sativas outside a couple of weeks before indicas without them flowering.

i hope that helps, just dont take it as gospel as im unable to grow outdoors and havent given it a go myself lol

great info wdc

anything going from 24/7 light

to an outdoor flower period will flower

i find unl;ess i do wat wdc recomended

going from 18/6 they will flower to

i bring photoperiod down indoors wen going out

its the only way to continue rapid growth

otherwise u loose such a portion of growing season

another simple method is if in backyard

to bring the plants in for a couple of hours in the evening

a cfl per plant should suffice, then we they have recieved around 16 hrs light

drop them back outback to sleep