first time making butter, quantity questions

I want to make some butter soon, and I've done some reading so I know what the procedure is with the boiling and straining etc..

I just can't work out how much butter and stuff to use because all I read is people using ounces or more. I plan on using 1/4oz of yellow powder from the grinder and a few grams of leaf and bud.

Is the yellow powder a good way to go, has anyone done this before? How much butter and water would I use to make something fairly potent? I'm worried if I don't use enough I'll waste it. I'm thinking 200gram of butter and 3 cups of water.

when it comes to cannabutter you only get what you put in. for example, if you only use leaf you'll end up with butter that gives you a leafy high which in some cases can just put people to sleep instead of getting them stoned :smoke: the better the quality is, the better the end product will be....

you can also make the cannabutter as potent as you want by limiting the amount of butter you use. if you use 100g of butter it will be twice as potent compared to using 200g. If you know what you want to use it for, eg. a cookie recipe that makes a dozen cookies that needs say 50g of butter, i would probably use double the butter to make them extra strong and for simplicity every cookie gets 8g of butter. if you ended up with 100g of cannabutter using 7g of resin and another 7g of buds and leaf, each cookie would have about 1/2 a gram of resin and another 1/2 a gram of buds and leaf in it. that would be enough to get a decent buzz going in people who are weekly smokers or less, but for chimneys like myself 2 cookies would do the job nicely :peace:

I reckon you've got enough to make at least a nice strong stick of butter.

I mean a q of powder? That shit's chronic - I've never been able to save mine, ha.

Not to mention the couple gs of bud and leaf...you'll do ok there.

Easiest way to do it IMO is to boil about 4-5 cups of water in a saucepan.

Chop up the butter.

Add some butter to the water first and wait til its dispersed into the water.

Turn down to high simmer.

Add SOME of the green stuff, more butter, mix, green, butter, mix...and so on until all your ingredients are there.

Keep on a high simmer (no bubbles) for anytime between 1 hour and 4...some people say more, but hell, I'm impatient and after getting a REAL good lot out of just 45 mins once, I'd say most of the work gets done pretty quick (that said, try longer if you like and lemme know how that plays out.)

Stir occasionally. I leave the lid partially over my pot so at least some of the water recycles and goes back into the cooking process.

When you think you're done, just strain the stuff...some peeps put it in cheesecloth...etc, I just put it through a strainer into a large pyrex bowl, push the green junk with the back of a spoon 'til the drips stop and refrigerate.

Seperate your butter in a few hours.