Customs upgraded capability

I herd on the grape vine that, recently, some important mail depots around australia handling internation mail had their infustructure upgraded. This upgrade increased customs ability to scan mail for organic matter ext.... seeds are obviously organic matter. I herd this upgrade could potentially increase the proportion of internation mail scanned from 10% to 90%.

So as the title suggests can anybody shed some light ????

I herd this upgrade would be operational late sept but i have since successfully obtained seeds. Has the loss rate increased since this date?????? perhaps a little survey would be great.

I believe they do have the capability to scan for organic matter, but essentially it still falls down to human intervention, someone has to sit there and actually see it to pick it out... so some will get through, some will not.... depends how vigilant or lazy the operator is at the time your little package goes through..

Wrangler.

i honestly think customs would be lucky to scan 10% of incoming mail to australia. there is just so much of it coming in and so much to look out for that if they were to scan 10% it would slow things down considerably.

in the end its a luck game. sometimes your packages will get screened and passed, other times they'll get picked up and you could even get lucky and never have a single package scanned in your life. so like i said before in the end its all a game of luck :thumbdown:

I herd on the grape vine that, recently, some important mail depots around australia handling internation mail had their infustructure upgraded. This upgrade increased customs ability to scan mail for organic matter ext.... seeds are obviously organic matter. I herd this upgrade could potentially increase the proportion of internation mail scanned from 10% to 90%.

So as the title suggests can anybody shed some light ????

I herd this upgrade would be operational late sept but i have since successfully obtained seeds. Has the loss rate increased since this date?????? perhaps a little survey would be great.

I cant confirm anything recently has been upgraded but i can confirm about easter last year that the scanning eqipment did get replaced with better equipment, My old man works for aust post and does alot of work with melbourne's internation mail.. he brought up over dinner a few moths back when some one at outing claimed they could get kava and a few other things threw customs

if all the tv shows about customs, quarentine, etc. and their public statements were to be totally real, absolutely nothing illegal would enter the country. the fact of the matter is bugger all mail gets checked because it is too costly and time consuming and the shit we see on tv is nothing more than properganda to try and prevent us from making their job harder. its like the show cops, you'll never see the police fail and even if they stumble, in the end they always get their man :thumbdown:

in reality its a numbers game. their job is to locate the suspect shit we import and there is no way they can check all the packages so some will definately come through. about the best we can do is minimise the chances of the package being checked and that can be done by making the package appear like normal paper mail. that means keeping it under 50g, less than 2cm thick and make it feel like there is only paper inside. the people at aussie post always seem to write paper only inside on the envolope when i have sent shit overseas so doing that might help avoid inspection too :xcited:

i agree, those shows about customs are straight up propaganda. It's cheaper to make a "reality" tv show about how successful customs is than it is to actually make customs more successful. Same goes with that show the force, notice how they normally bust small time drug dealers and home growers? i think it's to try and deter any new growers from getting into the game by scaring the shit out of them.

I know it worked on me one night, way too stoned, saw the show about some guy getting fucked over for a few plants, $4000 fine and conviction, this was enough for me to shit my pants and go pull 28 seedlings. I guess at the end of the day you just gotta hope that they guy at customs is just as lazy as everyone else at their jobs.

well yeah i have purchased seeds twice now and each time they have arrived with no drama (sort of) i order i had dramas but it was my fault and i got them in the end anyway.

Dont order track and trace express from Attitude u have to sign for it at the post office. - what i learnt anyway. just be patient and use regular shipping