How to improve the quality of the high from a low quality bud

That's a cool lil snippet of info smokin.moose. Ed was an interesting guy, I can't believe there was only a dozen or so people who hung around to listen to him talk after the joint rolling finals at Nimbin this year. It was a blast to be able to listen to him though.

Hey Microman, your off topic and making yourself look like a knobhead, chill out man :D

Interesting info. Off to buy a mango tomorrow. Hope their in season?

I wish I knew Ed was in Nimbin this year. I would have gone. His book changed everything at a time when growers really knew nothing and there were all sorts of dodgy grow methods.

Edited by freddie

I had several talks with Ed. It surprised me when he told me he has little interest in grow these days. Most of his work is now focused on terpenes, and he is into some exciting stuff with the Chinese. His next book due out early next year will have 3 chapters on terpenes. By the way, Ed was very impressed with the Aussie genetics he sampled in Nimbin, as was I. Some of the breeders here are doing profound things with sativas, and it is great to see new strains with no Nth American or European influences. I think our breeders are quite right in protecting Aussie work from getting to genetics profiteers overseas.

Mmm, maybe that's why my partner and I got an especially efficacious high after a few Mango Daiquiris prior to toking . . . got a huge Mango tree in the backyard and Mangos galore come summer . . . :D

But seriously, that's good info, thanks Smokin' Moose, shall pass that on to my partner as he's in the States :D

Guys, I wish I had more time to post here. My work at TY keeps me pretty busy. To date I have not had much involvement in the Aussie scene, but what I have experienced here is heartening. For those who don't know me, there is an article by me in the latest Sticky Point Magazine on PTSD and tinctures, called "The Dreaming"

As for the mangoes, I hope you spread the word about this quirky effect from a mango. I think the science behind it may be a bit novel to some folks, but it sure works. Kudos to the mods here - you run a tight ship!

Just tried eating a whole mango, about 20 minutes before I shared a single paper joint. It does seem to have boosted the potency, but my wife suggests that it is because mangoes make you think of summer and tropical holidays. Added bonus I got the two mangoes for $1.50! I think this definitely needs more research :bow: ;) :unsure: I am writing in to New Scientist to find out more about the chemistry behind it...

Cool! Keep in mind that if you had waited 1 hour after eating the mango, the effect is much more noticeable. It takes up to an hour for the Myrcene to give plasma saturation.

Green House Seed Company are studying Myrcene and Geraniol(rose scent). I am trialling the addition of Myrcene to tinctures, for better mood modulation effect. Geraniol is next on list of things to do.

Edited by smokin.moose