Sexing plants using clones

ianTE

For good strong cuttings, take off the mother no earlier than 6 weeks from seed. As for sexing, anywhere after 3-4 weeks, material permitting, then use the cuts to determine sex. Easiest way is in a glass of water in a dark cupboard, they`ll show in a week or two. This method won`t show true Hermies though...

JAIKAI

hmmmm lets see now

your a good couple of weeks away from being able to take clones off that plant and then those clones will take a minimum of 2 weeks to root and you can then throw them straight into flower if you want to sex them and it will take 2 more weeks to show the sex so ya looking at a 6-7 week turn around. Which IMHO is a waste of time when you can determine the sex by putting them into flower right now (the mums) it will take around 2 weeks for them to form pre flowers which will give you a definative answer as to the sex of your mums.

Now i hear your head gears ticking away thinking but i didnt want to flower the mums this early..... well once you know the fems from the males it will take bugger all for the mums to start reveging and firing again under 18hr light

so its upto you if ya wanna waste 6-7 weeks or know the sex in 2 weeks

cheerz :peace:

Thanks Frazzle I only re potted last week and look today and there are roots coming out all five pots.

This is why I am eager to cull off four plant and have one mum.

I really did not put enough thought in to the size of my veg cupboard.

It will be big enough for 1 mum and 2 vegging clones, just not 5 plants

Billopuffalot thank you, yes they are from seed roughly for weeks from germination.

jaikai it will be about five weeks when I planned to take the cuttings.

Hermies no no... But I have thought about this if you sex by flowing cuttings and it flowers as

a female then before you flower the parent it goes under major stress etc will it be a female

or can it change........

Stoney you make a very good case. The two reasons I was looking at taking cutting is that I would

have taken cutting from the top, makes the plant a bit smaller in the cupboard. Also I might have got

a little bud off of the flowered clones. Thanks I think I will do it the reveg way......

Do you think I should preflower under a blue CFL or HPS.

As three of the five are missing a limb or two it would be better not lose any more.... :peace:

Cheers