drip irrigation with bilge pump

well i can tell u you need above 600lhp, one thing to do when getting a pump is check the head height of the pump. higher the head height the higher it can pump directly up i think a 800lhp pump has a head height of about 2m so just ask the person at the store or check the box before u buy they normaly have it noted on the box Edited by ijustdontcare

Yes a standard water feature type - submersible - pond - dodgy plastic - turbine - pump will run either adjustible flow drippers or "pressure compensating drippers" i use pressure compensating drippers because they say they give 4l per hour no matter how high or low the pressure. they are designed for long dripper lines so that all plants get same water even if they are at the end of the line where pressure is lower.

As to the whole head height thing this is a problem because when i tried the drippers they were only a foot above the pump. I cant say if they would with this head height. These pumps are very weak infact they are not even really pumps more just little fans in a cylinder pushing water out.

they are not expensive either and less hassle than varible rate drippers.

Do you live in melb ??? i can tell you a store that has some old stock of pumps going very very cheap.