Lava Lamp Vaporizer

Had a read of a few forums today and came across a vaporizer made from a lava lamp. So having an old one around decided to try it. Using the base with a 40W bulb I checked the temp. 180-190'C max. Next I had to get something close enough to the bulb. Firstly suspended a cone and mesh in tinfoil over top but not enough heat. Came across an article whereby guy had wrapped lightbulb in tinfoil and made a cone in the top. I've filled a mesh with a pinch of herb and sat it on the tinfoil covered bowl. Started vaporizing in about 30 secs. :bow:

Have found the 2 litre coke bottle has little or no strength when cut so looking for something else. Stone is good, had about 1/3 of what I normal smoke and its a pleasant mellow stone. Some forums are saying lasting 12 hours. When I use my bong I'm normally smoking every hour or so, but I do get a bit excessive and sometimes think I can't really add to the high I'm just wasting bud for the fun of smoking. :bow:

post-17473-1221004183_thumb.jpg

post-17473-1221004205_thumb.jpg

The effects sound pretty short - but, with vapourisation the less you actually smoke, the more your body gets used to it, less junk floating around in your system...etc...and if you totally stop smoking, the effect becomes MUCH stronger anf will generally last a fair bit longer than a bong stone too, in my experience.

That's half the problem with the perception on vaping, smokers use it, don't get as much from it, and dissmiss it on the same account, I could've done the same, but trust me, sticking with it is well worth it.

Yeah I have to really agree with Cheeba again. It is very odd I think. The first few days is really kind of annoying in a way, half stoned but not really but all of a sudden things change. The effects are much, much stronger and I find it to be way more "high" and less stoned. Kinda like the first 6 months or so of smoking, when you would get REALLY high, not as intense as those days but the feeling is kinda like that for me. Light and floaty etc. There were a few days where I was pretty hecticly romped though. If you use enough you can still bend your mind as twistedly as you want of course, I don't want to make it sound too subtle hehe.

I think you are right, if you smoke and vape you probably won't see how good vaporizers really are because the vapor is so much more subtle than a huge bong rip. I also really recommend people pick up a vape that suits them and really try and stick with it, even for a week or two just two give your body a break from smoke (if you care).

a buddy of mine uses a heat gun with his bong to vaporize. you turn your heat gun on get it real hot. then turn it off real quick so the heat of the coil is still present and hold the hot gun 3-4 inches away from your bowl as you hit it. this definitely takes some practice to get the distance from bowl right, and temp of gun right. but hey, who wouldn't want to practice hittin' their bong.