Jim's Outdoor Grow

Thanks for the kind words peeps.

I just dropped past the cafe to introduce myself which was good.

Yes that drawrf certainly is an interesting one, it has about a dozen leaves on there which is pretty cool.

I think its growth may have been stunted as the mix it was growing ended up really compacted unlike the others, which is why i switched to a more aerated coir/soil substrate.

I'll keep the dwarf updated more regularly than the others as its more interesting to watch :scratchin:

~JJ

hey did you really add calcium hydroxide? or did you mean calcium carbonate (lime)

if it was calcium hydroxide that you used this could explain the yellowing of the dwarf and lighter shade of green of the others.

Ca(OH)2 = >pH (dah) but its so soluable it can cause large increase in pH and >pH = <Fe availability Fe will change its chemical form and be less available. This could be fixed with the addition of Fe chelate, which can be found at most nurseries or it is part of most good ferts just look for Fe as chelated iron (pronounced kelated). Also blood and bone is awesome slow release form of N and P fert but is very low in K so for more of a complete fert you should add potash (K2SO4) to you blood and bone at about 5g per m2.

Bottom line add Fe as Fe chelate and K as pottash

Very assertive language used their but its just my opinion hope it helps

I dont no alot about weed plants but i no my fertiliser and soil chemistry its my job.

Hey there Hamish. Welcome to 0.S. Pretty much any help you'll ever need with growing you'll get here. Good luck with em..

One of your replies sat me back in the chair a bit. Think it was sunnycoaststoner. Sitting here nutted perusing, and the warning window thingy in that reply got my attention. I did'nt read it properly the first time. and i started sitting up higher in my seat. :scratchin: Then i read it again. You had to be here..... :thumbsup: ...Cheers..jimbob.

Ok, its time for a long overdue update

post-17543-1224050184_thumb.jpg post-17543-1224050292_thumb.jpg post-17543-1224050412_thumb.jpg

theyre all looking pretty good to my satifaction :bongon:

i gave them all the FIM technique about 2 weeks back and so far so good, i hope i got it right as ive never tried it before.

And here is that Dwarf that i posted about

post-17543-1224050695_thumb.jpg

Keep in mind that these were all sprouted at the same time.

Check out some of the Dwarf's leaf formations

post-17543-1224051663_thumb.jpg post-17543-1224051821_thumb.jpg post-17543-1224051930_thumb.jpg

Its quite bizare to me, ive never grown anything like it, although im sure theres a perfectly logical explanation behind it.

Anyhow enjoy, and ill make sure i update it a bit more regularly lol