new to coco. flushing?

newer to starting threads than growing in coco, so i hope this is the correct place and formatt for a discussion on coco :P

have 2 ladies, one sattiva dom, one indica dom, with what looks like about 3 wks to go, under a 4 and a 6 hps in a 1.2x1.2m room, in coco handwatered with canna coco. in coco should one flush the pot through well.. allow to drain... apply nutes and back in tha room, or, not fertilize that night but do it the next cycle, to flush the plants as well as medium?

probably a waste of forum space, sorry if it is.

thanks if you can help ;)

when growing in coco i recommend flushing the plants atleast once a month, but preferably every 2 weeks if you can. I like to use a small amount of water first to let the coco get wet as when using lots of water on coco it can run down the sides of the pot if it isnt already wet :scratchin:

I also only feed them nutrients once a week. the rest of the time i give them plain water that has either been adjusted to 6.0 during vege and upto 6.5 during flowering.

at harvest time you should flush them daily for atleast the last week, but from my personal experience i find that a 10 day flush is perfect :)

hope that helps :whistle:

i sorta fglush every feed

in a way anyways

they say to aim for 10-20% runoff a day

i like to have around 30% runnoff

i find it semi flushes

but apart from that as wdc

a flush every 2-3 weeks will get u out of trouble

i feed food every feed and have run 1 day of plain water in tha past

this has worked previously,but again it came back to original runoff

dont let ya coco dry out

if it does be sure to water with plain water before applying any nutes

all tha best

bill

wdc, last night i put a 3 inch layer of perlite over the top of my medium, performed a very lengthy and thorough pot flush with ph 6 water. when i replaced the plants i noticed thousands upon f@#kin' squillions of what i assume is their(fg) lavae. squillions!!!!! no sign of them this cycle though... i will give the girls a little feed and some zone then four hours till lights out i am going to flush again to see if they head for the surface again... if i had of had a safe bugacide i could have spayed onto the perlite that top my pots, i feel i would have been able to completely wind back thier numbers last night............................................

by the way, my adjustment of thought relating to coco growing has had imediate visual results. much happier man i am. i was getting quite stressed, as after ten years of growing hydro, i was not used to not being in control.

p.s. i relly like coco. it gets you alot more in touch with your girls, handwatering and the like. like everything..practice makes perfect. :scratchin: