When to change lights? MH or HPS

Guest Field_of_Light

Guest Field_of_Light

There seems to be some debate about when the exact time to change the globes used in the growroom. I am not too sure about this, I have heard change it every 3 months, change it every 6 months, and some that say dont bother changing it for a couple of years as the loss in lumens isnt really going to affect the plant....provided u start with a decent globe such as the phillips in the first place.....

BY this I mean 3 months worth of usage etc....

Anyone got any ideas?

Guest Field_of_Light
4 Grows?...I use my hps for growing and flowering...does that lessen the overall time I can use them...I usually have a 3 month turnaround

Guest Field_of_Light

Schweeeeet thanks Tom......I just splashed out for 9 new globes......$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Altho I have this to add....Im using 4 x 400 watt hps and a 1000 watt mh (the metal halide hasnt been changed in 2 years and guess where the plants grow the best....yeppers MH Land by far.....

Ow

Guest Field_of_Light

Depends on where u live...adelaide you can get a phillips for 50$...there are cheaper brands but one of them I know has a shitty light spectrum and seems to half only hald the light life of a brand which is 5$ more....I just cant think of the name of it....

And u can get brands for 70$ but I dont think its worth it...they maybe last 10% longer and have a better spectrum of light....

g'day; look in yellow pages under 'H' for hydroponics...lots of places all very similar in price.

imo, Sunmaster is best.

i like to change my bulbs every 12 months to 18 months max. for MH & HPS, grolux fluoro, is good for about 2-3 years from my experience (veg only).

Edited by sols