Hermaphrodite Help!

Hello all,

Long story made short, I think I have a hermaphrodite and want to know what my options are because I would like to keep the plant without impregnating it. Posting pictures tonight because the ones I took on my phone earlier are bad.

I started my plants from bag seeds. When they were potted for the first time they grew like... well... weeds outside. Quickly sprouting some 12 inches in their first 2 weeks. I became concerned about neighbors and decided to move everything into my shed and set up an indoor grow room.

Of the 10 plants I started 9 survived strong and one gave up all hope. I re-potted my plants into larger containers and moved 8 indoors, keeping one plant outside. I've had my first time indoor growing pains with enough light, ventilation, over-fertilization... etc (the indoor plants didn't handle the shock well and went without significant growth for about 3 weeks). Unfortunately I don't have a way of lowering the temp in my shed, and it's been a warm summer for California.

So my outdoor plant is doing very well, it's about 28" tall and probably a week along into flowering. A few days ago I checked the sex of the plant and saw something interesting. At the highest branch intersection there is definitely a female pod, but 3 branch intersections below that one is what appears to be a young, underdeveloped, male pod... aka balls. The pods have not opened, and probably won't for another few days so I have a little time. Fortunately I don't have any other plants outdoors, so what I do with this plant won't affect my other females.

My question is, can I just knock off those pods? Or, should I just hack off the parts of the plant that appear to be male?

I've already accepted my yield on this hermi plant to be poor, but doja is doja, and I'll take what I can get.

Also, what can I expect from the seeds if it's a lost cause? Will they be a perfect genetic copy of this plant or will I have the chance to get some females from the seeds if I just leave it be? I gain a certain amount of enjoyment from growing by seed. If I want female clones I just get them from the cannabis club nearby, which is REALLY nice.

Thanks Everyone! Happy Puffing!

give it a few days and if it is hermie i recommend ripping it out. you are risking seeding up crops for miles around as pollen gets carried in the wind and the fact that the pollen will come from a hermie would mean shitty, low grade seeds for anyone unfortunate enough to have got a seedy crop because of you...

i hate to be such an asshole about things, but getting a seeded crop because someone didnt want to pull out their hermie plant would really piss me off

give it a few days and if it is hermie i recommend ripping it out. you are risking seeding up crops for miles around as pollen gets carried in the wind and the fact that the pollen will come from a hermie would mean shitty, low grade seeds for anyone unfortunate enough to have got a seedy crop because of you...

i hate to be such an asshole about things, but getting a seeded crop because someone didnt want to pull out their hermie plant would really piss me off

Good point. I wasn't really all that concerned about people in my area with outdoor gardens. I'm still... not all that concerned with it... but will at least take it into consideration later on. Maybe I'll move it inside the house and just let it do it's thing and make hash from it, dunno yet, but that should keep the neighborhood's crops' virginities intact.

Most of the plant is female, with the only pollen pods at the bottom of the plant's main shoot. I would expect a few more pods to pop up, but I'm hoping that if I nip them as they show up that I can avoid a seedy conclusion. I'll trim off entire branches if need be. I figured since I'm in the first few days of flowering I would see what more experienced growers suggested I do before hacking it up.