grow in cairns tropics

Hey mate, I have never grown in the tropics but I used to live in Darwin. You only really need to worry about the rain and humidity affecting your plants when they are in flower. I think the best thing would be to time your grow so that your plants start to flower as it's coming into the dry. That way when they are veging they will benefit from the wet season rains but won't flower until it's dry... I'm not sure if you would be able to do this or not... maybe someone who grows in the tropics will be of more assistance???

Hi Overgrown welcome to OS and the tropics. I'm in Townsville so the principles are the same. I vegg my plants under a 600w light and chuck them outside to flower. I can fit 4 good ones under this light. Simple as that and you save heaps of power. Coco is the best medium to use but you could use soil also. Thats it! let us know how you get along. with some pics.

RR

Yes it does but during spring and early summer your plants may be prone to reveg or spindly/revegy buds. IME this will only happen with a very sativa dominant plant. Not indica or 50/50 sat/indy. Only sativa dominants. Single cola plants are best because you will get lateral sunlight in the mornings and afternoons. (Buds will be as big on the bottom as the top given all day sun) Hope that helps RR