Hemp Bar closure

grace I was hoping to get down to Nimbin to get community feedback to present to the council but due to other matters with the 5-0 I will be tied up for a bit, can you put a brief together for me to send to the NSWCCL.

If presented correctly I am sure they will support Michael but they certainly showed concern about a complete closure.

Thanks entheofarm,

Michael has some free legal support

Any assistance from NSWCCL members would be welcomed

The NSWCCL have material on this situation and contact details.

The NSWCCL have been advocating for drug reform since 1970.

http://www.nswccl.org.au/issues/drug_policies.php

We hope to hear from them on this.

Thanks again

grace :P

Nimbin Museum Update

NIMBIN MUSEUM MEDIA RELEASE

It looks like the Nimbin Museums days are numbered as ‘1984’ arrives in the tiny rebel village in the form of a 1943 law, created during the world war 2 for out of control army parties. The police have threatened the absentee landlord of the Museum building with “The Restricted Premises Act” unless certain complex conditions apply (detailed below).

Curator Michael Balderstone, who has been a tenant in the building for over twenty years says his time might be up. “These conditions are technically ridiculous and virtually impossible. Someone else might like it but it’s not me. With these rules I have to phone the Sarge every time I see a joint or a bong, or even each time I see someone pocket an empty orchy bottle suspiciously! I’ll never be able to get off the phone.”

1. New tenant to have a clear history with NO criminal records

2. Agree to house CCTV in and out of the shop with access by police at anytime or by video link

3. Undertaking to Landlord that they will not support and allow any illegal activity by staff or customers on site and will report any potential illegal activity to police unconditionally.

4. Tenant will indemnify Landlord of all and any wrong doings associated with the retail store

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PRESS RELEASE

From the desk of Benny Zable in New York City in solidarity with the exploited and disposest.

If the Nimbin Museum is closed so, I Benny Zable will paint out my creations above Nimbin Museum.

NO NIMBIN MUSEUM, NO BENNY ZABLE MURALS

"Your choice"

The price of ethnic cleansing Nimbin folks !

This is not a threat.

It is a promise !

Benny Zable

I spent many a pleasant afternoon in the Hemp Bar in Nimbin . . . my partner and I would travel down to Nimbin possibly once a month, wander around the town, take in the sights, buy some good green [and have a nice chat with the locals and some of the tourits], toke it up then invariably go for a stroll through the Museum . . . and it was annoying to be approached incessantly in the Museum . . . on one occasion my partner got overly reactive with one of the young fellas trying to flog him some weed . . . but that was NOT the fault of Mr Baulderstone . . . the restrictions the Police are asking to have put in place on the Museum are just that 'restrictive' . . . the Museum is a 'public' place as such and it's not possible for one person to be everywhere at all times to 'police' what is going on in there . . . we witnessed the Police go through the Museum when we were there on more than one occasion, was also in the Hemp Bar on several occasions when the Police cruised in . . . but if you walked up and down the main drag in Nimbin more than once you would invariably be approached by someone flogging something . . . the Police need to wake up to themselves and police the street dealers . . . and it's not bloody hard to spot them! I'm all for stopping the illegal street dealing but as many here have noted, closing the Hemp Bar and the Hemp Museum will only make it worse! The Police and the Pollies need to pull their heads out of their collective arses and get real . . .

Museum Update - Something Positive

Good news to hear that the landlord and police want to keep the Museum open. The landlord is now corresponding with Michael on the issue and even happy to work with Michael on all this.

In email received last night the landlord stated: "I have spoken to the police and told them that I want to keep the museum open but under a new tenant. In principal they have agreed. They also want it to remain open as it is an icon for Nimbin. Additionally, they are even suggesting the staged area in the rear be used for staged performances to entertain tourists and residents alike. I think this is a great idea as it further promotes tourism for Nimbin. I am happy working with you on this."

It's so much pleasant when people sit down, talk things over and listen to other people's side of the story.

Nice works guys

grace :bow:

I wondered if the Nimbin bashing would start again

;) A couple of negative comments about the hemp bar is Nimbin bashing?

Firstly the Hemp Bar and Musuem are being shut because the Police SUSPECT drug dealing is taking place , or may take place in the future - PLEASE READ THE CROWN NOTICE FFS lol

:bow: It's been no secret and what the police say is right, which is why they are doing what they are doing. Even Michael Balderstone admits the dealing is a problem and the hemp bar openly admits to selling and being 'dealer friendly' as they are trying to move the dealing from the streets to a more controlled environment modeled on the Amsterdam cafes. Problem is this isn't Amsterdam.

The Hemp Bar / Hemp Embassy were NOT involved in formulating any anti hydro laws EVER and I defy anyone to lay down some factual proof - otherwise put up and stop lying

Mmmm lying :bow: Very strong word Mulcontent. As it was me that refered to the hemp bar and hydro I presume it's directed at me. I never said they helped formulate any laws mate. Here it is again if you want to check

I'm left feeling the people running it have let all cannabis smokers down again. First they jump in bed with the anti hydro fanatics because it doesnt suit their ' hippy ' business image......
This link shows just how anti-hydro they are. https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners...t=0&start=0 If such vocal and public cannabis activists are also in bed with the anti hydro fanatics, what chance was there that those that did formulate the laws were ever going to understand that the bush/hydro argument is crap.

The personal opnions of the Hemp Bar about hydro is just that - their personal opinion and they have a right to say what they want on their own website.

:P Yes they do, just like I do and will when I see something I don't agree with or want to comment on.

The members of the Hemp Bar / Hemp Embassy are and have been the only ppl to actually get off their butts and do live protests in Sydney - Canberra and yearly in Nimbin co inciding with the worldwide Million Man March

I think they have done a lot more for the cause than sit on their butts and whinging nothing has happened - actions will always speak louder than words

:bow: What? give the media photo shoot oppertunities of feral hippies singing the praises of pot? C'mon mulcontent, you can't honestly think this has helped. The average Joe Public doesn't want anything like what they see at those marches in their own backyard. If anything they are used as an example by many of why pot should be illegal.

Long live the Hemp Bar !

:) I couldn't agree more Mulcontent but not in it's current form. As I said in my first post.....

They arn't the first and they won't be the last for sure. I just hope the next players on the board have the intelligence to understand they represent all smokers as far as the media is concerned and they don't make a total fuck up of it like this mob has.

Good news to hear that the landlord and police want to keep the Museum open. The landlord is now corresponding with Michael on the issue and even happy to work with Michael on all this.

:) Yep, good to hear grace.

It's so much pleasant when people sit down, talk things over and listen to other people's side of the story.

grace :)

:P Sure is. Isn't it a pity it had to get to this point though for the hemp bar and musem to realize that to throw their hands in the air and say we can't stop the dealing on the premises or take the stand that selling there is better than on the streets wasn't good enough from the point of view of the police. It is irrelevant what their views or personal reasons were behind it, the police were never going to allow a situation to continue where illegal drug trading was taking place on comercial premises and giving the message to everyone else that drug dealing was now a 'free for all' as the police do nothing. They had the chance to do something about it themselves for a long time and chose not to, this isn't the first time the police have raised the issue of dealing on the premises and they chose to make no genuine effort to try and stop it untill now, after the police have said 'well you won't so we will".

Peace MongyMan

Hi Mongy,

The hydro/bush issue has been long standing between you boys and I don't want to be in the middle of it. :bow:

There are legal issues arising in Nimbin and other places which affect all of us.

Hopefully some positive news will come for all of us. :bow:

IMO there is enough people using cannabis for bush and hydro growers to co-exist in harmony. :P

I think it's about informed choice - something most people don't have atm.

It would be great if you guys that know all about growing bush or hydro could get together and form a growers board or co-op or something before GW or some other pharma gets there first. :bow:

I would like to know what strain and what strength I'm getting and a little sticker with made in OZ

I don't know enough about growing to comment on it but I will just put this up for you to take a look at.

I don't understand it that well but I think it is pro-hydro. :)

I'm not sure whether you can get that consistency with outdoor grown cannabis .. someone here might be able to give some friendly feedback. I think that would be the standard expected by the TGA if grown commercially for medical purposes.

grace :)

The medical cannabis made available by the Dutch Government through the Office of Medical Cannabis is all grown hydroponically. There a 3 different THC levels available 7%, 11% and 18%. No mould, disease and consistent quality.

http://www.cannabisoffice.nl/pdf/Milieuasp...BV%20engels.pdf

"Bedrocan BV Medicinal Cannabis is used for medicinal purposes and must therefore meet a number of important (pharmaceutical) requirements. The most important requirement is that the different types of cannabis produced by Bedrocan BV must always contain exactly the same ingredients. To achieve this, cannabis must always be cultivated and processed under the same conditions. For this reason, Bedrocan BV Medicinal Cannabis is not grown outside or in a greenhouse. Our country is characterised by varying amounts of daylight, shortening and lengthening of days and different soil types; these factors greatly influence the way in which cannabis makes its active ingredients.

To eliminate the effects of varying conditions, Bedrocan BV’s cannabis is grown inside on hydroculture under artificial light, with a fixed regime of day and night temperatures, growth period and day length."We cultivate the plants on rockwool beds so that the cannabis plant always receives exactly the same nutrients. A rockwool bed does not change during the cultivation process. Soil consists for a large part of organic material that decomposes during cultivation. This releases fertilizers, an undesired process that cannot be controlled. It is practically impossible to give each crop of cannabis grown on soil the same “diet”

There's more if you want to take a look at the link.

If the bar was doing the right thing in the first place , this wouldn't even be an issue . FFS

I'm kind of sick of remarks like this regarding the hemp bar. We are a whole community website of people not doing the right thing. The hemp bar was clearly set up as a form of civil disobedience. I'm not sure if they meant to follow the Dutch model or not but it has been operating for years and is only now being shut down. I personally have drunk at scores of pubs and clubs where dealing has been a consistent and sometimes very obvious problem. Not just pot either. Funny how this law does not seem to apply to these places. I would have thought a decade or two of dealing would make it very likely that dealing would continue to happen. There are heaps of premises where dealing has occurred for years that the police haven't closed down.

I think most of the problems people have with the hemp bar is that they simply don't like the image and it gets up their noses that Nimbin politically represents Cannabis reform.

I think most of the problems people have with the hemp bar is that they simply don't like the image and it gets up their noses that Nimbin politically represents Cannabis reform.

Bingo and Bingo!! :bow:

If the Hemp Bar was trying to follow the Dutch model. Well, i'm afraid they failed miserably. I'm fairly confident to suggest many others haven't entered the premises either due to it's dark 'n dingey appearence either. If i was wanting to enter a stoner's cafe, i'd want it to be a bit more upper class. A place that passes certain health regulations and standards. But i suppose, all things considered, the Hemp Bar is/was suffice for Nimbin.

As for Nimbin politically representing Cannabis reform within Australia. The only time it gets up my nose is when they make out they represent all stoners. Believe it or not, some of us don't share their values and/or ideals. If you look back over the years, it's clearly visable they've done more harm than good, when it comes to cannabis law reform within this country of ours.

:bow: