Hemp Bar closure

as for the crackdown in the hemp museum I for one think its a good idea. Its a real shame to not be able to walk through that place without being hassled by young smartarses trying to push shitty deals onto you.

OH I SO AGREE THANK GOD THEY SHUT ALL THE PUBS, I WAS SO SICK OF DRUNK AND VIOLENT PEOPLE ANNOYING ME WHEN I WAS TRYING TO SPEND MY KIDS LUNCH MONEY ON THE POKIES AND PICKLE MY LIVER!

It would help a lot if you provided a bit more information. How exactly have

the police been abusing their powers in and around Nimbin? Who is

threatening to evict Michael and why? What type of lease does he have? Is

the Hemp Museum itself facing closure?

Regards

Leonard Kanaar

Executive Secretary

NSW Council for Civil Liberties

Okay people don't drop the ball on this one!!!!!

grace can you email all the details to them please

just reading through the emails and the fact Leonard said "around Nimbin" raises the eyebrow, I never mentioned anything other than in Nimbin, read in to that as I think it may be significant.

Hey Entheofarm,

It's good to see some lobbying ... keep it up pls

Details have been going out Australia wide for days ...

Targeting the only two places in Nimbin promoting drug law reform :P

grace ;)

I said crackdown in the hemp museum, not on the hemp museum.

cctv cameras would be a great idea IMO. if mr baulderstone is serious about kicking the dealers out, why not?

It's all a bit oppressive and unconscionable IMO

Keep in mind the police targeted the two premises in Nimbin that promote drug law reform :P

grace

;)

Very good posts Grace with well presented opinions.

The police don't need drug law reform because they are a protected species. Their hypocrisy is mind numbing.

I was with my wife in Nimbin a few weeks ago. We were not approached once anywhere in the village. I might be a tad ugly but I'm not scary. :P

There were a lot of tourists there but no visible evidence of dealing. I have scored there in years gone by but not on that visit.

i'm too ripped to read the entire 6 pages but i'm pretty pissed i never got to visit the hemp bar :P i've only started smoking in the last year but i'm 100% convinced that i am a better person than i was before i started. although i don't have a lot of knowledge about mj i am slowly starting to talk with my non-smoking friends about breaking the stereotype image of a stoner and start looking at the actual plant and the proven facts about it. i am definitely not your hollywood movie stereotypical stoner so i think i'm getting through to some people.

grace I was hoping to get down to Nimbin to get community feedback to present to the council but due to other matters with the 5-0 I will be tied up for a bit, can you put a brief together for me to send to the NSWCCL.

If presented correctly I am sure they will support Michael but they certainly showed concern about a complete closure.

End prohibition and you end prohibition related crime, had the cafe model gone ahead smart arse kids would not be trying to rip you off, the police are creating more underground dealing which in turn encourages more criminal activity.

Every time I go through Nimbin the only thing that bothers me are the drunks in the park, why don't the cops do something about that?

this is a political matter, nothing more. there is a massive police presence in nimbin for the number of residents and due to the small size of nimbin those police should know virtually everything that is going on. if they were so concerned about the problematic drug abusers and the people selling to them it shouldnt be so hard to bust the sellers and get help for the users. they could even take care of the mean drunks by forcing the pub and club to refuse service to them which shouldnt be too hard in a small country town where everyone knows everyone else...

$1000 says that if they install the cctv cameras and drop the political stuff they'll be allowed to keep the museum open :P