Spring Plant Summer Harvest

Ok so me and a bro are putting alot of work making a detailed plan of a outdoor grow in the bush.

We both are experienced deer hunters with a good knowledge of the bush and we have some locations in mind blah blah yutta yutta yutta.

I'm designing a set up that i believe i may only have to visit once twice a month dependning on rainfall records. I'm pretty sure it will work i have strong background in plant sciences and agronomy.

However some questions i am finding it really hard to come up with certain answers for. It seems cannibus cultivation is like hunting and fishing. There are a million ways of doing everything and everyone swears by their way. Furthermore it seems some people just talk shit pretending they are overly experianced when they are not and infact have just utilised the wonders of google passing some other jerks info off as their own.

Anyway to point man.

It seems from good anocedotal evidence that weed is easily spotted from the air in eucalypte forest - i believe this.

Question 1 - Does it blend in well with blackberry bushes if trained along the ground? if not what other plants does it blend with. A problem i have is the one place i really like (lots of tiny water springs, extremely remote, heavy bush) is also on the flight path of a joy flight operator for the local caravan park about 40-50km away.

back ground

I am confused about the varrying accounts of how successfull or unsuccessfull it is flowering outdoors in long day seasons. I here you can do it if u grow inside first. This will not be a problem for me because i currently have a good closet set-up.

Q2 - Can i grow ak47 under 24 hours light for a 1 month then plant in Souther hem outdoors early spring and expect a harvest in early summer ?

Initially i was going to use an autoflower and make up for the poor yield with numbers but if i dont have to that would be sweet ill be happy to wait the extra 2-3 weeks. Any longer than this ill go for the auto flowerer

If some with actual experience could help me in this area it would be hugely appreciated.

back ground - growing under shade in summer and spring getting sun all day but through trees with perfect nutrition

ill be adding equivalent 120kg N-ha also known as 12g per meter squared. 15g P and 10g K to the surface as water soluable syn ferts (N as Urea K as K2SO4 and P as monoK PO4) . With heavy org fert such as dynamic lifter to the bottom of the planting hole to improve clay structure and provide slow release ferts. and lots of decomposed leaf litter chopped and added to planting hole to try help absorb the heavy syn ferts on top of soil.

Question 3 - so under these conditions with good watering what could the expected harvest per plant be for ak47??

i realise this is a very hard question to answer but approx what have experienced growers acheived under trees?

Q2 - Can i grow ak47 under 24 hours light for a 1 month then plant in Souther hem outdoors early spring and expect a harvest in early summer ?

Probably not, but maybe. I used to try and get a head start on the outdoor season by starting plants under 24 hour light in August and put them out early September. The plants never looked like going into flower. The day length is probably too long at that time of year. Even if the plants did go into flower they would probably revert to vegetative growth. However I am sure I've read that others have done this successfully. Maybe it depends on the genetics. You could always try it. The worst that will happen is that you might have a huge harvest in May. I personally hate the idea of auto flowering plants.

Respect to all your knowledge man, but if i saw correctly you say plants in shade , in my experience generally this results in spindly, sparse weak-stemmed plants which never reach their potential ... see with cannabis it craves strong direct sunlight something chronic, if it cant get that it will stretch in an effort to get better light ..

but under good Australian summer sun with a growth period of 6 months a sativa dominant hybrid plant can yield about 4 lb of buds (conservative estimation)

i think you really should give it a go cause ya know .. nothing ventured , nothing gained .. you could pull off a whopper , best of luck anyways :bongon:

:thumbdown:

mm ok so you have tried it and it didnt work - yeah i thought the days would be too long but as u also stated people claim they have done it i'm also thinking it depends on genetics maybe.

Everyone seems to hate the idea of auto flowerers yet no one has much experience with them

It seems that - the yield is poor, this i can understand because it is a dwarf plant and matures very fast less time to build up stored carbs in the stems

but the claims about the smoke being crap and the sort i cant see how being an auto flowerer would affect the biochem of THC production or flower quality maybe the quick maturation times makes it taste less matured ??? i dont no

maybe ill go fifty fifty auto and ak47 and then blog my results on here.

Danoz I can't answer all your questions and I don't know it all but have grown and seen other peoples exploits in the bush.

Like the other guy said more sunlight the better (given they can drink plenty of water on the 40+ degree days)

I would think you might not get the best results amongst the blackberrys unless you where to knock out a couple of those eucalypts on site to open up the canopy and Im sure you know to have a north facing aspect so you would have them on the southern bank of the creek/spring if it ran east west.In my experience the plants do not get big around water ways unless you prep the soil like you said as the clay/peat compositions around the water ways stunt the growth a bit due to a lack of oxygen and/or water/nutrient penetration to the roots which you probably know!

A drip system from a 44gal drum worked well for me but my lack of soil prep and planting on northern side of stream(idiot) produced smallish plants.(had to refill the drum every couple of weeks from creek)

Wouldn't worry about the plane unless he flies really low and/or your plants are massive, in one big clump.

Finally ive had a few strains finish flowering late feb early march that where started in october and if you get 3,4 ,5 months veg growth they'll be big!

Hi Danoz 'm not overly experienced in bush growing but have pulled off some nice crops up in the tropics.

In my experience you need three things. Lots of Sun, water close at hand and good soil to start with. This means lots of leg work to find those ideal spots. Most probably there will already be thick lots of weed/ blackberry/lantana in the spot you want to grow because it will have good soil, sun and moisture already atracting these weeds. Get rid off them and plant there. There must be a water source nearby so you can water them. Use a 12volt pump and motorcycle batery. Too fuk'n easy and it saves making tracks, also consider that 500 liters a time is a lot to cart. If everything is green around you I wouldnt worry bout helicopters etc. If your paranoid keep your plant numbers low. . If the soil is good, you have water but there is'nt enough light like John C said fell a tree or two or ring bark em. Dont worry hippies theyl grow back :peace: Sounds like you are in a pretty good place to grow.

RR