Drug Test Ads

Last night I was watching the Olympics on channel 7 and i saw an ad for drug testing.

The basic gist of the ad was that on dec 1. this year every RBT will have a swab test for drugs. I'm assuming they're the same old swabs which identifies cannabis, ice, speed, ecstacy and cocaine.

Has anyone else seen these ads? I tried Google and most of the Australian news sites but found nothing.

pretty scary though, i live in Brisbane and there are only 2 drug vans but I have gone through about 3 or 4 breath tests just after smoking. eek

I'd sure like to know a bit more about this.

Personally, i dont think its a bad thing, since you shouldn't be driving while not sober on any drug, including caffine IMO.

However if the tests don't work, such as if you are sober, but they detect THC from a joint you smoked yesterday or if you turn up positive for opium because you ate a poppy seed bagle, then the tests are worthless.

I would be interested to see this add, and to see what their goal's and target's are.

Personally I'm not all too confident that the police, Nation wide will be able to support a saturation of RBT's with Drug testers.

Well I know that the current oral swab drug testers take about 10 minutes to get an accurate result. And to be breath tested it takes about 2 minutes. So to support an affective drug test at a similar flow or ratio they would need 5X the space and at least twice the amount of officers available, unless they reduced the amount of people who are being tested for drugs / alcohol.

Honestly, the past two years have more or less just been a trial on its effectiveness and of corse all the other relevant statistics that they need to push it, clean through parliament or put it into action.

I'm from Sydney and I can't see our broke government doing anything radical soon unless they have support from the Federal government.

I think that there are two likely changes that will happen if this is legitimate.

1. Have a new device to accurately & efficiently test Multiple types of Drugs.

2. Every RBT will have a drug tester. Well there are a couple vans in each state, but the old fashion 'fear factors' that governments use is more than likely to have every RBT Nationwide with a drug tester handy. And maybe 1 in 10 RBT car's will also be RDT'd. I think this is not a bad idea.

- It prompt's people not to take drug's and drive.

- If some one is pulled up by an RBT and their eye's are bright red or they are heavily grinding their teeth they have a drug tester handy.

- Provides fairness to drinkers and makes the roads a lot safer.

I can't say that I don't smoke and drive on low doses and although it's not going to happen, It would be good if their was a way of mesuring a person's THC level relevant to how they would be feeling. (like how they mesure drunkness) :(

It think that their are some much much worse drugs out their that should be tested for.

<3

- Cyclone