Experiement Idea

Now after some creative thought, I have put my ideas on the web,

we know that cannabis contains chemicals which get us high, and we also know these chemicals are soluble in fats/oils

but also alcohol.

has anyone ever thought of using a bong like setup to extract pure THC? Could this be done?

well my idea gos

big cone piece, stuffed with weed or weed even mixed with hash, no tobacco.

this goes into the first chamber which is just water, the other chambers contain a hydrocarbon such as pure alcohol.

as the smoke passes through the first chamber the ash and crap gets filtered out, but also cools the smoke for the second chamber, in the series of chambers which are a pure hydrocarbon, in the general idea should have a higher amount of THC.

Im not sure how many chambers you might need, but probably a lot. maybe about 10.

then I would say leave out in the open to evaporate. and in my theory there should be something left over.

I would not have a clue what it might look like as I am not a scientist.

Someone here who has a big budget and thinks this might work and wants to get REALLY stoned can you do this. Imagine a tablet that contains 100% pure THC!!!

the equivalent to an ounce in a tablet! that would get you FUCKED.

I dont have the scientific expertise to built such a device, not to mention I dont have that much weed at the moment... im dry as a bone.

Your experiment is flawed in a few ways

Firstly why bother with this process when a simple chop and soak in a warm/hot solvent will do the job

Ok now to get technical... ok firstly you are going to want to find out what type of solvent THC is most soluble in... Is it a non-polar solvent or a polar solvent... you then need to determine the ratio at what its solubility is per ml... (This info is very easy to find on the net)

As for fats and oils stay the hell away from them mate... if you have ever tried to extract anything in your life you will have come to the conclusion that oils and fats are considered gakks and will destroy all your hard work...

the most simple extraction for thc that I can think of would be...(I have never tried this and is all hear say) chop up buds pretty fine, put in a glass jar, cover with very hot water, put lid on, shake the shit out of it, strain liquid into another jar, repeat process with chopped herb with hot water again and tip that into the same jar... you could then let it evaporate or put it into the freezer and wait for the thc oil to separate from the water... oil not being soluble in water will be on top off the water

or you could substatute the water for a solvent make sure it is warm to hot to make sure it really does its job of grabbing on to all the thc lol

and for your idea flames and solvetns dont mix so keep them apart at all times

be safe and i hope this helps at least a little

shroomy

Hey shroomy THC wont brake down into water hot or not all u will get is the water turn green but other than that no THC, and if any it will be VERY little.

THC is a oil base and 100% even a less % will do it but better off with 100% alcohol will extract the THC out of all the veg matter.

Making canna butter is another way of getting the thc out of the bud as butter is a % of fat and when boiled with weed will leach out the thc and mix with the butter, and when it comes to eating THC from what i under stand the liver wont brake it down in its pure form to get it in ya blood stream to get ya waisted, but i could be wrong on that point.

IMO when soaking in alcohol it dosent need to be warm, just give the jar a shake say twice a day for say a month and then take lid off take out all the veg matter and let the alcohol evaprate (spellin) and u will be left with hash oil...

Hey shroomy THC wont brake down into water hot or not all u will get is the water turn green but other than that no THC, and if any it will be VERY little.

THC is a oil base and 100% even a less % will do it but better off with 100% alcohol will extract the THC out of all the veg matter.

Making canna butter is another way of getting the thc out of the bud as butter is a % of fat and when boiled with weed will leach out the thc and mix with the butter, and when it comes to eating THC from what i under stand the liver wont brake it down in its pure form to get it in ya blood stream to get ya waisted, but i could be wrong on that point.

IMO when soaking in alcohol it dosent need to be warm, just give the jar a shake say twice a day for say a month and then take lid off take out all the veg matter and let the alcohol evaprate (spellin) and u will be left with hash oil...

not so sure on that mate ill have to do a little more research b4 i post a a rebuttle... lol

as for the warming of the solvent a solvents solubility is greatly increased when warm meaning the sucking power of the solvent is increased, it also cuts down on the time needed for it to do its thing... a hot solvent will do in 30 minutes what cold solvent will do in 30 days ^_^

also just found this :

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)

Chemical name (-)-(6aR,10aR)-6,6,9-trimethyl-

3-pentyl-6a,7,8,10a-tetrahydro-

6H-benzo[c]chromen-1-ol

Chemical formula C21H30O2

Molecular mass 314.46 g/mol

Boiling point 200 °C

Solubility 2.8 g/l (water, 23 °C)

CAS number 1972-08-3

here is a link on how to increase thc's solubilty in water

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9877229?dopt=Abstract

this is my poor attempt at a rebuttle ozzy420

sorry its not very (thura <--- spelling lol)

lol THC has very low to almost no solubility in water. Water curing is one way used to remove chlorophyl and other water soluble chemicals from buds before drying. It increases the thc to vegative matter ratio in the buds to a small extent.

^_^ What you want I think Leafy is to remove the oils from the trichomes on the buds. This won't be pure THC but you don't want pure THC imo. The cannabis based medicines that have been developed that are pure THC are reported to be a very poor substitute for the mix of canabinoids and terpines etc that are found in the trichomes in nature. And yes it is easy to extract the oil from the trichomes . Do a search for butane extraction, honey oil and hash oil. It might be what you are looking for I think. Put it into a gell cap and you have the tablet you want. Be careful though, it's easy to take too much ;) Hope this helps.

Peace MongyMan

^_^ THC has very low to almost no solubility in water. Water curing is one way used to remove chlorophyl and other water soluble chemicals from buds before drying. It increases the thc to vegative matter ratio in the buds to a small extent.

;) What you want I think Leafy is to remove the oils from the trichomes on the buds. This won't be pure THC but you don't want pure THC imo. The cannabis based medicines that have been developed that are pure THC are reported to be a very poor substitute for the mix of canabinoids and terpines etc that are found in the trichomes in nature. And yes it is easy to extract the oil from the trichomes . Do a search for butane extraction, honey oil and hash oil. It might be what you are looking for I think. Put it into a gell cap and you have the tablet you want. Be careful though, it's easy to take too much ;) Hope this helps.

Peace MongyMan

im gonna have to disagree untill i see a document that says other wise.... ;) ... why you ask... because i swear i have seen one stating the opisite to what you quote

ill have to look it up when i am not so "tiered" lol

lol Here's one then Shroomy ;) http://www.aapspharmsci.org/abstracts/Am_2...2003-002067.PDF

^_^ If THC was water soluble then bubble bags wouldn't work as the THC would be dissolved in the water. It's the fact that THC isn't water soluble that makes them work.

Peace MongyMan

I have to admit to defeat here... ;)

i cant find the document i want grrrrrrrrr