Plant Conversion, Male to Female, Will this work?

Its not so much conversion, but more influencing them to take the path of a female if that makes sense, ill have to clarify if its done prior to signs of sex or once the signs of male start showing and then using the urine to convert :wacko:

i do understand where you are coming from it is just in my 30 years as a gardener i have never heard of any thing like it.

yes urine is a good source of nitrogen and a couple of other trace elements,i have never heard it directly influencing a plants sex. :wacko:

Well im currently about to set up a new hydro system, so i guess ill let you all know how to goes if no one has ever heard it before. But I have clarified that you give it too them once every 3-5 days, two weeks prior to signs of sex.

Thanks for the imput guys, more info and views would be good to hear <3

Cyclone -

From a scientific or botanical point of view this does NOT sound plausible. I suspect that the urine was put on to the plants and by coincidence they where just females anyway or going to be females as perhaps they were young plants.(it is possible to have 10 seeds and get all females from normal male to female pollination )

Last I checked plants did not produce or use estrogen, however unlikely the whole thing is there could be something else in the urine that cause a switch? (very doubtful)

Yes, I know what you mean, and no it does not give a 10 out of 10 hit rate, more like 8-10

But this technique has been used multiple times and produced great results.

No plants dont produce Estrogen, but Estrogen is not the only thing that makes a women female. I honestly can't tell you how it works, or why. But I do know it can work.

In the end, it's more the fact that strong female hormones influence the plant to take a female path. :peace:

:peace: Aah, don`t wanna bust your theory mate... but you don`t piss hormones out per se. Some hormonal activity can be monitored through analysis of urine, usually not related directly to the origin of the secretion. As a rule, higher levels of hormone of a sexual nature are found in Male piss. Small quantities of Oestrogen, Antogen and obviously Gonadotropic traces can be picked up, but plants do not respond to the small quantities found, if at all...

There are other factors that can greatly influence plant sex, such as nitrogen and phosphorous levels exceeding requirement by the plant, temperature, and stress also. These factors need to be addressed before I`d place faith in pissing on `em to get things going.

Ultimately, it`s a fine line between male and female sex, a small trigger at an early stage of developement...look after `em like babies and see that they grow to their potential...

... and as a rule, with good seed, I usually get 7-8 out of 10 females as it is.

JAIKAI