Super Stink!

Hello. I'm having problems with smell. I've got an odor sock happening but it doesn't seem to be enough. The smell is getting out of my unit every so often. I think there are too many leaks in my small grow room and I'm going to be getting a grow tent soon. I hope this solves the problem. Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations? Would an ozone generator help or I am better off getting a better carbon filter?

:D

Edited by thedarkestone

ozone has its own distinct smell

maybe u dont run negative pressue??

thats where ya exhaust is bigger than inlet

id hazard that u have more air in than air out??

thats how the smell escapes..

the smell will still waft whilst it escapes from any gaps

i have a piece of panda as my door

it sucks in wen i have it shut

thats negative pressure

a carbon filter whilst a good investment wont help till u have the pressure sorted

all the best

bil

Would an ozone generator help or I am better off getting a better carbon filter?

I'd agree, a carbon filter is an essential item if you're growing indoors. I wouldn't grow without one although they do really slow your extraction fans down, you may find you need a bigger fan with a proper filter compared to an odour sock.

On an important note, I would NOT recommend using an Ozone generator if you value your health and certainly not if you vent back in to your own property. (or if you plan to go in your grow room while it is running).

For your viewing pleasure, I did a quick search to find some information to back up the above.

Have a read of these if you thought they were safe to use.

This is a government warning from CA in the USA, it was one of the first things I found.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/research/indoor/ozone.htm

And here is a letter from a guy who used to sell them to people until he had a bad experience and learned how dangerous they are.

http://www.sunstar-solutions.com/ozone.htm

These were the first two links that came up when I searched, I'm sure I've previously read that Ozone exposure has been linked to lung cancer and that it oxidises and physically burns your lungs on contact. :D

Stay safe.

ozone is highly reactive and can cause all kinds of problems if it isnt properly used. as such carbon filters are a much safer option, especially for us stoners because the worst that can happen is that you dont seal up your room properly and it doesnt work.

if your odour sock isnt working i would say it is because you dont have a negative pressure like billo mentioned or the activated carbon has been used up. the latter should only happen if it is fairly old, but my money would be on your room doesnt have a negative pressure :D

Well firstly yeah, if its not clean your wasting your time. But a major reason for poor odorsok performance is people arnt using a centrifuge exstraction fan. Or its not the right size for the sok, which isent likely. But make sure you have a good quality centrifuge fan and you shouldent have any problems, also its good to vent it out the window if possible as you dont want to recycle your old air =)