Pot growers are worse than pedophile rapits according to the media

This is a few days old, I meant to post it sooner.

In the weekend Toowoomba newspaper, full page, on the front page was a story about a 12 million dollar drug bust. I wont go into details in the story, but the bust was all marijuana, no other drugs, there were more than 700 immature plants and 15kg of marijuana as well as seeds. They say this is one of the biggest drug busts in Toowoomba history and will put a major dent it the supply of cannabis to the streets in Toowoomba. The artical didn't say how long he might get, but that he would definetly be imprisoned.

Ok, no lets flip to page 5, we have a half page artical about how convicted pedophile rapist Rodney Wade is being let out of prison after only serving 8 weeks after being sentanced for two counts of raping 12 year old girls. The artical doesnt say why he is being released early, but he is moving back to Toowoomba where the victims live and will be living not too far away from them as well as living near a community center where lots of children are at.

So apparently the law thinks that it is more imporatant to imprison pot growers than pedophiles and the meida thinks that pot busts are more deserving of the front page.

Something else I also found intersting is they had a picture of this pedophile with the article and this was his stats:

Army soldier of 10 years

Head kitchen chef at a private Toowoomba school

Coach of a girl's highschool basketball team

Police citizen youth club volunteer worker

President of Toowoomba American football club

Also the picture of him, showed him to be a clean cut, short hair cut, shaved, average looking guy.....

Looking at his pics and his history there, he looks like a model, stand up citizen, one that everyone looks at and says "now there goes a good bloke, he fought in the army, he does sports, he teaches, he helps out the police, what a great guy", but in reality he is diddling kids...

Then you have people who look at us and think of has dirty, smelly, long haired, pot smoking, peace loving, hippy freaks (or whatever), but you get the idea they think negative of us. And in reality were not the one doing dispicable acts with kids..

Makes you think...

Here are the sources

Author of weed bust article: Nikki Joyce and Peter Hardwick

Author or pedophile article: Lacey Burley

Date of both: Saturday August 2, 2006

Source of both:The Chronicle

Edited by Meerkat

Yeah, i saw that article as well and was thinking the same thing. I was going to write a letter to the editor to point out the hypocrisy and moral confusion...but then I didn't want to draw attention to myself. ;-) But maybe it's the case that the system is more concerned about protecting it's lies that protecting it's kids. Also, knowing that there's pedos roaming around free serves to heighten the atmosphere of fear and suspicion while knowing that there's MJ about...doesn't really bother too many people at all.

Pot growers are worse than pedophile rapits according to the media

There's quite a simple explaination for that Meerkat. The Toowoomba Media outlets wouldn't want to highlight another child abuse case, the joint has quite a dark history in that regards. So much so, it'd prolly be one of the last towns/citiies in Queensland i would want to raise children in.

I agree this is bullshit where is the justices in Australian law.

This is pure stoner bashing when you think about it what was the worst this pot could have done?

maybe given some people red eye and the munchies.

The dirty pedophile has already raped a defenseless child and will most likley do so again.

It pisses me off that people stereotype pot smokers as evil doers.

Shit potheads cop it for everyone even other drug users. I've had full blown alcoholics lecture me about the evils of pot

while they beat up their wife and and drink drive. Then there's the junkies who give us shit to them I say

" Hay pal come and see me when some kid steps on a bong an contracts HIV you fuckwit".

My friends dad is an old school hippie and he said to me the police

given the choice between responding to an alcohol fuel domestics call out

or to a suspected drug bust they would happy respond to the later every time.

Why because stoner's are non violent and usually come quietly.

He also quoted John Stuart Mill

"The only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member

of a civilized community against his will is to prevent harm to others". John Stuart Mill

He says he's been smoking for 50+ years he know what dangerous is an whats not.

So apparently the law thinks that it is more imporatant to imprison pot growers than pedophiles and the meida thinks that pot busts are more deserving of the front page.

Something else I also found intersting is they had a picture of this pedophile with the article and this was his stats:

Army soldier of 10 years

Head kitchen chef at a private Toowoomba school

Coach of a girl's highschool basketball team

Police citizen youth club volunteer worker

President of Toowoomba American football club

Also the picture of him, showed him to be a clean cut, short hair cut, shaved, average looking guy.....

Looking at his pics and his history there, he looks like a model, stand up citizen, one that everyone looks at and says "now there goes a good bloke, he fought in the army, he does sports, he teaches, he helps out the police, what a great guy", but in reality he is diddling kids...

Then you have people who look at us and think of has dirty, smelly, long haired, pot smoking, peace loving, hippy freaks (or whatever), but you get the idea they think negative of us. And in reality were not the one doing dispicable acts with kids..

Makes you think...

These parasite grubs get protected by the church and state at the public expense while non violent drug users are continually harassed, arrested, imprisoned and villified. :bongon:

Sure does make me think .... who are the grubs behind it all. :thumbdown:

$1000 a day to settle convicted pedophile Dennis Ferguson

By Rosemary Odgers and Alex Dickinson

July 08, 2008 07:10am

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23986291-1248,00.html

Government pays $1000 a day to get Ferguson settled

Authorities plead with locals to leave pedophile alone

Admit they have nowhere else to send him

AUTHORITIES have asked residents not to run convicted pedophile Dennis Ferguson out of another house after he was relocated southeast of Brisbane.

The Queensland Government admits it has nowhere else to send the serial offender.

Ferguson last night was holed up on a rural property at Carbrook, 35km southeast of Brisbane, as the Government revealed it would spend $1000 a day to support his transition from prisoner to a life back in the community.

And that doesn't include the cost of police who yesterday guarded the property while residents vented their anger that Ferguson had been moved to their neighbourhood.

Ferguson fled the southwest Queensland town of Miles on Thursday following protests by furious residents.

Police Minister Judy Spence said yesterday: "I'm asking Queenslanders not to repeat the kind of scenes that we saw.

"I know that no one wants Dennis Ferguson in their community, but people have to reflect that he has to live somewhere.

"If he is hounded out of this residence, we don't have any other options to offer him."

A meeting tonight at a Carbrook school will try to calm anger at Ferguson's presence.

But anger greeted news that a "well-respected Christian" group would be paid $1000 a day to provide support "day and night" to help Ferguson adapt to life outside of prison.

The 60-year-old was freed last Tuesday after District Court judge Hugh Botting ordered a permanent stay of proceedings over child sex charges for several reasons, including his belief that Ferguson could not get a fair trial because of his notoriety.

The nearest neighbours to the Carbrook property - which is 2km from a high school and primary school - say the State Government notified them last Saturday that a sex offender was moving into the area.

Kay and Stuart McLachlan and daughters Aly, 14, and Maddy, 10, are separated from the property housing Ferguson by light bushland.

"They (government) didn't even check that there were children living right next door," Ms McLachlan said.

"Since we found out it's been two days of hell. Now the monster is in our backyard and it's terrifying. It's taken away our little oasis."

Ms Spence said the "Christian-based group" would be with Ferguson "day and night" to assist him resettle into the community.

The group has experience working with prisoners, including sex offenders.