So I found some seeds in the bud I just bought...

I've got five of them. I don't really know anything about growing weed, but I figure that since I've got the seeds,why not give it a try? There are quite a few obstacles though.

I can't grow them at home since I live with my parents. I could probably sprout them at home if I needed to, but after that they've got to go out. I've got a huge nature reserve type thing within walking distance of where I live, and that's the only place I can think of to grow them. They'd be at least partially covered by trees, so they'd get plenty of ambient light but probably not a huge amount of direct light. I suspect that the soil quality isn't very good either. I hear that you can grow them in pots or buckets outside, would that be an option to compensate for the poor soil?

The other problem is water. There isn't any in the reserve and I don't have a car, so I'd have to fill a backpack with water and walk there. Would I be able to carry enough?

Also, when would be the best time to plant them? I live in Australia so it's winter right now. I guess the start of spring would be best.

So what I want to know is, what would be the best way to go about this, given the situation? Or am I wasting my time thinking I can grow pot in a nature reserve with five seeds?

while it is possible to do an outdoor grow with 5 bag seeds, personally i have to recommend against it. for starters you'll need to invest in something like chicken wire to wrap around the plants to protect them from all kinds of mull eating bastards, secondly since the soil in that reserve isnt upto scratch you'll have to either dig some huge holes and fill them with good soil or use pots. you get much bigger plants when they are grown in the ground, but you could be looking at using 5+ bags of soil per plant which can get costly. lastly there is carting water which by the sounds of things will be next to impossible. if you can only carry a back pack full of water bottles you'll end up having to do multiple runs because you'll only be able to carry enough water for a single plant after a few weeks of growth. the more times you visit the crop the greater the chance someone will see you and if you take the same route to the garden you risk making a trail straight to your plants lol

and thats not to mention that bagseed is seed that has been made by either stray pollen from a random male or if it is indoor pot you got the seeds from there is a much higher chane the seeds were made because a female grew some balls and released some pollen. if it was a stray male then you might still be able to get something nice, but there is a high chance it'll just be average quality, but if it was a hermie that produced the seeds there is a very high chance that you'll end up with a completely seedy crop....in either case i wouldnt use the seeds for anything bar practice for when you can get some decent seeds or some cuttings :D

Firstly, as many would agree. I'm far from being an authority on how to grow. Ask around, i'm sure they'll fill ya in.

But that aside, it's sounds like your facing a similar dilemma, as i did when i was 15-16, and to be honest it was a time when not much personal was being choofed. From a cupla seasons of making constant mistakes, i finally got on my feet with the help of a local guru, and managed to produce my own.

What i'm about to say is not gospel, and it's only what i found that helped with growing within my local region (central east coast Oz).

* Cannabis likes exposure to direct sunlight for as much as the day can supply

* I found plants prefer afternoon sun moreso than morning sun, so if your planting in hilly/mountanous country, plant on the western side.

* It pays to prepare a grow area/s during winter adding fertilizers, so ferts hava chance to break down and are ready for plant/s in spring-summer.

* Watering is not that much of an issue with well established plants, though they may still need a watering during fairly dry spells. But once a week is usually enough, until they take in their enviroment and are approx 3-4ft tall.

* Be cafeful of where you plant them, in some states/territories, it carries an extra charge (if busted) for growing in National Parks and/or Crown Land (e.g. Gov owned).

Hopefully that'll give you a few decent pointers on helping you find a decent spot for a grow, next season.

lol

G'day mate welcome to OZ. First thing first germinate the seeds and raise the seedlings at home to around 5 inches or so. Now during the next month keep an ye out for more seeds. Ask your mates if they'l give you some of their's. Like the others said plants like sun so find a sunny spot that gets good morning, afternoon and midday sun BUT its got to be close to water! Idealy this spot you will have found will be over run with weed like lantana or tallish guinea grass, perfect cause you know the soil is good to support all this already and your plants will blend right in. Always plant in the ground and not pots cause they sink tap roots and you don't have to water as much plus you get bigger plants. Clear enough surrounding weed and start turning your soil adding ferts ect. The problem here is you may find that if you are having to water allot you may ware down tracks from your patch to the water source leading others to the ware abouts to you plot. Best solution for this and it saves carting farken water is buying a 12 volt pump, motorcycle battery and 13mm black pipe . Hide the pipe irrigation under grass from your patch into the creek. People who walk down`the creek will have no idea cause you have stealthily curved it under rocks etc.. you can Take your pump and battery with you and just hook the pump up at your patch and with in minutes you have hosed hundreds of liters of water on your now 150 strong plant patch! l. The patch size and shape is up to you and may depend on the size of ground available. I recomend 150 seedlings to a patch. Best to have a good buffer of weed on the outer edges to hide your plants and help them blend in from above. Get as much seed as you can, hundreds thousands even cause you will make mistakes and mabe even get ripped. Another advantage to planting in one patch as apposed to spreading then out in the bush is the more spread out they are the more likely someone will find one of them and if they find one rest assured they will find them all! Good and easy way to do seedlings is use seed raising mix in a polystyrene vegie box. Plant about 140 per box and contrary to 5 inches get them to only two inches other wise they will get cramped. Get on your knees and plant the fuckers out, working backwards as you plant. Depending how big you think the plants will get plant them 1 to two foot apart. Remember half of them will need to be pulled out anyway because they're male leaving more space.

Ok so you have your patch of 150 just duplicate and triplicated. This should be enough to keep you busy after school. :D

Stage II involves A helicopter license and speaking a little Vietnamese but thats another story....

Good luck RR

Thanks a lot! I've only got five seeds so 150 seedlings to a patch is kinda out of the question, but I'll give it a go anyway. Partially this is just a way for me to kill some time and have a little fun, so it's fine even if they all die :D

I'll come back and post pics in six months if it actually works out :D

Hey mate, im not an expert outdoor grower, but at the same time, I have done this before. Firstly I think alot of the other guys are forgetting that only 2 or 3 of the seeds will sprout well. Secondly 1 or 2 or the 3 will be male, which leaves you with 1 or 2 plants, 3 at best that you can actully use for smoking.

Now like wantdachronic said, you will need to get some mesh wire at least 50cm high to keep away the critters, dont just make a ring around it and leave it on the surface, make your own "tent pegs" and pin it to the ground so no fiending stoner of a critter will get in there. Secondly, what is probably just as important as providing your plants with water, is every 3 days, go and look for bugs on your plants, your in the bush. Lots of hungry little bugs exsist and will eat your mary jane. In that same tier, look for signs of mould and diseases, as your plant will die if it gets something of that nature, Snip off the affected area generously.

As for water supply, the best thing I could possibly suggest if your not near fresh water, when you go check for bugs, bring extra water. save your 2L coke bottles, or go get some from your or other's recycling bin. even if its rained the past week, bring water and find a good place to store it. You will get to a point where bringing water get's annoying. lucky for you, you have stocked up and have a plentifull supply in times of hot sunny conditions.

I know what your planning, because like I said, I have done this a couple times before. In practice, germinating your seed's are nice. But if your were like me a) you will find it difficult to manage 5 seedlings while living with your rents, and secondly it is a seed in the end of the day, go plant them in the ground like nature designed them... Just check on them every day or every second day for the first 2 weeks as this is the life or death stage of your sprouts.

Go buy your own soil. Potting mix will do nicely and a simple furtiliser such as ozmacote? will also do the job.

When it comes to lighting, the more light the better, but at the same time it is a big bush but great places, not to far from home with the right kind of enviroment might take a few hours of scouting (DONT RUSH!). I know your proabably keen to get started, but I personaly think its important to find a good area over any other factor. As for lantana, Yeah its good to grow near that sort of stuff, but at the same time Lantana is a weed. It will steal water, and eventuly kill your maryjane if its too close because it is in it's nature to pillage and rape the enviroment. Lantana also makes very pretty flours in spring time and will attract people, If the bush is covered with them, great. If you find a couple of random ones and plant it behind them. Thats not a good idea. Just find an area which has a lot of other dense shrubs, Firstly because people steer clear of big area's of shrubs because they are anoying to navigate and walk through, secondly because where their is a lot of shrub life, their arnt as many Tree's and therefore more light. Clear the area at least two meters away (radius) from where your growing. That includes getting a shovel or pitchfork and ripping up and killing the other roots that are in your 2 meter radius, as they will steal your water hehe.

But at the same time, you dont want to make a big black soil ring around your plants, Wire isent too easy to see, your plant should blend in, but a great big patch of plain dirt is extreamly obvious. Get some leaves or what ever is mulching the surounding area and just layer them around the area.

The main thing to do when growing in the bush is being Vigilant. If there are signs of a tampered area, some ones taken some snipets etc. Get a pot and transfer it a good distance away from where it was origionally planted. That person may not come back, But people tell people, who tell people, who again, tell more people. Every one wants free bud. But at the same time, not every one has the tools to take it from you when they see it, which again is why its important to plant it in the ground as you can pick up a pot and claim the plant as your own, but you cant just yank it out of the ground and expect it to live. they will be back! Realistically, if you know your area well, and find a good place, no one will go near it. But shit does happen. be more mindful of bugs and animals because they will be your real enemy.

Thats enough from me, been typing so much forgot to have a cone. If you have any more questions please feel free mate =)

Cyclone -

THis is exactly what im planning to do now. I wanna plant asap and im about to order seeds from Attitude. Im gonna grow in pots and hide them a little bit and carry the water. Il only grow to to start so i hope il be able to carry enough water

1 good plant is better then 10 shit ones,,,,,,,,,,,,1 big pot or fix the ground up ,,,get value out of your water

Edited by LOGGER_KING