Brown spots and 'the claw'

My plant was displaying a bit of leaf curl a couple of days ago, and some reading up one the matter seemed to indicate it could possibly be due to a ph problem. I flushed the plant with a few litres of water and left it for a few days then gave it a feed. Now, not only are some of my leaves still curly/claw shaped but i've got these brown rush covered spots that are affecting and killing a lot of my leaves lol

I ph'd the flush water to ~6.5 and my run off from the feed was around 6, (feed was adjusted to 6.5)

I'm not sure what exactly i've done wrong, and what i can possibly do to rectify the situation. The rust spots are spreading fast though and my plant is starting to look unhappy. Advice would be greatly appreciated. Pic's attached.

post-8222-1217776548_thumb.jpg

post-8222-1217776562_thumb.jpg

post-8222-1217776576_thumb.jpg

post-8222-1217776613_thumb.jpg

post-8222-1217776692_thumb.jpg

how are the plants being grown? its next to impossible to tell from the pics, but as i have to guess im assuming with such a high pH you are growing in a pot filled with soil and as i couldnt see the pot in any of the pics im assuming its probably a 15L pot lol

if im right about the plant being in a 15L pot filled with soil im pretty sure the problem is a combination of things :D firstly the claw can be causes by a few things, but its major cause is over watering without having decent drainage...on that note what are they being fed and how often are they being watered? secondly a plant that size would get rootbound in a 30L pot and when a plant gets rootbound for some strange reason it decides to cannabilize the lower leaves. it starts off from the bottom of the plant gradually working its way up the main stem and once a few nodes high it will start spreading to all of the branches working its way from the bottom up. when it is doing that the leaves will yellow and get all kinds of nasty spots on them which will freak any grower out because it resembles a whole host of problems :sly: lastly i think the pH is a little out of whack and is locking out some nutrients.

now while almost every grower will say you shouldnt transplant a plant during flowering due to the stress involved and a few other things, i know for a fact it can be done without the plant knowing until it realizes it has more room to grow into. to fix all your problems i recommend flushing the hell out of that plant with pH adjusted water and then transplanting it into a much larger pot. you might have to give the plant a small amount of nutrients because most of them will get flushed away, but just make sure that if you do give them nutes you give them a very small feed as you wont want to over do it.

also while i remember any leaf that has been damaged will never fully recover and in most cases the best you can do is stop them from getting any worse. you should at best expect the damaged parts to stay the same and any new growth to be normal so dont freak out if the plant doesnt show signs of recovery straight away as it will be the new growth that benefits, not the old :P

Sorry about the delaying in replying - been down with tonsilitis these last few days lol

I feed the plants Hygen Coco Bloom every 6 days (using 2ml of a+B per 1 litre water), with just a plain ph'd watering inbetween. I've asked a friend to ph test the soil for me so I should know in a couple of days whether that is the root of my problems. The pot I'm using is 250mm x 250 mm x 350mm. I had originally planned to grow 4 plants and keep them much smaller but didn't have enough viable seeds - and this one kind of got away from me !

When transplanting into a larger container, is it best to do it at the start of the day or night cycle, or doesn't it matter ?

The claw + yellowing leaves, looks like an over fert problem. Those leaves won't come back now. Straight water for as long as it takes to flush the medium clean then back on low nutes is about all you can do. Try adding some Stop Wilt + some AU60 from NuLife, they are good shit and may help it recover faster. I'd trim it back too