soil question

hello friends

i am going to be starting a grow for the aussie season in a few weeks and am searching for a nice simple soil mix to get me along. I have heard that Fox Farm Ocean Forest Organic Potting Soil is a good choice but am not too sure if we are able to get that in Australia. So does anybody know if you can purchase this here, if not anybody got some nice recommendations? Also if you have any suggestions as to what to add to these potting mixes. Or any suggestions on using a different soil for the seedlings or veg stage.

I am going to be starting them off inside under lights for a few weeks than moving them out into the woods in the ground. So any suggestions would be appreciated lol

peace

Welcome to OzStoners johnishing lol mate dunno about fox soils, maybe a potting soil with all the white ticks in a red quality assured box printed on it like dynamic lifter , mostly get what you pay for ... pay peanuts, get monkeys ...

remember when starting them indoors , if you keep the photoperiod same as daylength they will continue on growing when you put them outside,

if you start them on long photoperiod then when they go outside they might start flowereing straight away

best o' luck with them

:D

cheers mate. so you reckon its sweet just using a potting mix like dynamic lifter, and then just adding fertilisers accordingly to the stages of growth. i was hoping to get some chicken shit or some sort of other stuff in the holes to get the plants pumping lol .

so with the photoperiod i would probably start on like 18/6 for the first two weeks then 14/8 for the 3rd then 12/12 then outside. would i be heading in the right direction?

it depends on whether you want your plants to go straight to flower when you put them outside?

starting at 18hrs and going down to 12 will definately send them to flower but it doesnt have to be done gradually it can be 18hrs indoors and next day outside at 12hrs thats ok ... even at this time of year the plants may even revert to growth cause the daylength is getting longer now

but if you want plants to continue growing when put outside then start and keep them on 14hrs indoors and when put out they will adjust to daylight and continue to grow until daylength starts to shorten (january) then go to flower

lol