MISSION OVERGROW!

Hey there everyone,

I was thinking a few days ago about this. If one was to buy some fast autoflowering seeds (auto ak47 looks alright) and plant them in a friendly spot wherre they could grow without the need of human help a wild stand would be established very quickly. As the life cycle is only 2months the plants would create alot of seed and then drop them. These seeds would sprout, grow, pollinate, and re-propagate themselves. After 6months or so there would be literally hundreds of little wild mullies. The buds from these plants would be seedy and shit to smoke but it would be very good to have access to a steady supply of hash making material. Also the plants would be so small that it would be impossible to see them from the air, and even if they did they would loook wild. What does everyone think?

A mate of mine had several ounces of seed left over from a very seedy crop and he decided to do just what you are thinking of doing. He went to a remote valley in the blue mountains and chucked the seed around. It was a good season with heaps of rain however when he came back a few months later he could not find one plant. I'm guessing you would have to put in established plants for this to happen and even then it wouldn't necessarily work.

I have to say I really hate the idea of autoflowering plants and hope these genetics disappear forever.

gee I wish I had a dollar for everytime one of these threads has been posted.

Sounds like a good idea at first.

One problem

wild cannabis, with no selection criteria, will slowly loose potency, bud size etc. Some wild cannabis stands around the outskirts of Sydney have been found and they are ordinary apparently.

Better idea

Make your own normal potency AK47 seed and spread it amongst your friends :nono:

I'm with freddy too and believe all autoflowering, low potency plants from the Russia/Afghani region are exactly where they belong.

What's wrong with the flowering ability of Northern Lts? :D

You young fellas need to do less reading about growing and start growing some decent shit. After you've grown a big smelly girl to full flower you'll want to keep those inferior genetics as far away as possible :D :peace: :peace:

Obviously a plant that has been left to fend on its own is not going to be any good, some plants with all the care in the world can turn out terrible! But as for establishing a ready source for hash making matterial would this work? I have chosen the auto-flomering strains for this hypothetical because they have a 2 month seed to weed cycle so would populate an area very quickly. Also, i want to be able to go there whenever i want.

I actually have a spot in mind, its way too far away for me to do a crop there but if i could go up every few months to get some leaf matter for hash making it would be very nice. Or do you think that the plants would just die?

Also with wild pot losing potency, i used to do work experience for a company that was doing the hemp trials about 7years ago and one of the problems they had was keeping the potency very low. HIgh THC levels is a dominant trait so the potency slowly creeps up. Maybe it is like an equilibrium or something, extremely high THC plants lose potency and extremely low THC plants gain potency?

Anyway, to sum it up, keeping in mind that i only want material for hash making, would planting a wild stand of autoflowering marijuana be able to support itself and flourish?

If a good *stable* strain (not a non-stabilized hybrid) is used then potency stays about the same (heavily seeded pot is usually much less potent, but the good genetics are still 100% there), provided there's not poor quality crap growing very close by to contaminate it.

IF planted wisely in morning shaded moist spots along tributaries then outbreaks are almost as certain as weeds in your garden... You just have to think ahead, considering the likelihood of seed germination & spread due to rain, etc. eg: Rocky areas with poor soils usually don't work well & areas with too much tree coverage don't work well either. Sandy soils (not pure sand) works well as the seedlings can get their roots deep enough to survive once the rain stops & the soil starts drying. Avoid places with cattle as once they get a taste for them say bye byes to them...

I've only found one good autoflowering variety so far which is a *stabilized* Pre '95 Kali Mist Pheno X Mighty Mite. I have appleseeded many outbreaks of this strain, and then later planted 100% Kali Mist in amongst them at some of the sites to boost the size of both the plants & the buds.

Overgrowing works if people don't pick silly places to start - use common sense and consider what could go wrong before using a location.